PDA

View Full Version : RS6 vs R8

1uglymug
August 21st, 2012, 01:36
I was hauling a$$ through a light today and noticed an R8 sitting in cross traffic. I hit the brakes and checked the rearview and sure enough he was turning my way. I slowed down to a crawl, rolled down the window, waited, and threw him respect with a big thumbs up as he passed! He gave one right back. Too bad I had to make it to a meeting.

I thought, good to be in the Audi club!

Based on the chart below, I assume some of the tuned RS6's on this this board could give an R8 a run for its money.

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Audi-0-60-mph-Times.html

Any stories?

Primo
August 21st, 2012, 05:29
There's no problem making it to a meeting with an RS6!

Bigglezworth
August 21st, 2012, 05:44
Never pulled against a V10 version, but have done legal drags and not so legal street runs against V8 versions and have never lost once. The extra 150hp makes up for the extra 1G in weight and the extra torque speaks volumes. :)

Beastly
August 21st, 2012, 06:00
being lucky enough to own both of these machines, I have to say that my tuned RS6 wins in the strait line. Any curves/track goes to the R8. My v8 R8 is my preferred track car, incredible handling and balance. Of course I love them both.

marklar182
August 21st, 2012, 13:44
V10 R8 is a beast. For a NA car, it pulls like a freight train!

papadoc
August 21st, 2012, 14:20
Last year I was on highway 280 running up above the SF Bay when a beautiful black R8 entered the road. I pulled up along side of him and gave the respectful thumbs up, as we were cruising at only around 65. The road was open, radar detector on, and he gunned it to "show me". I immediately followed suit, starting a bit behind him, and pulled on him so that once we hit around 110 I was pulling away. He shut down first and I slowed to let him then pull up alongside me. I then got the respectful thumbs up :addict:. I presumed it was the V8 but nevertheless it was a sweet moment...

ben916
August 21st, 2012, 20:05
Having driven both (EC RS6 V8TT Tip & R8 V10 6 speed) with Mobilia:
The RS6 felt like there was more torque down low and smoother up to 160mph ;)
The R8 felt like it had longer legs, obviously lighter and rev range really came alive after 5000rpm until rev limiter

1uglymug
August 21st, 2012, 22:34
Last year I was on highway 280 running up above the SF Bay when a beautiful black R8 entered the road. I pulled up along side of him and gave the respectful thumbs up, as we were cruising at only around 65. The road was open, radar detector on, and he gunned it to "show me". I immediately followed suit, starting a bit behind him, and pulled on him so that once we hit around 110 I was pulling away. He shut down first and I slowed to let him then pull up alongside me. I then got the respectful thumbs up :addict:. I presumed it was the V8 but nevertheless it was a sweet moment...

Nice! :applause:

Spidercat
August 23rd, 2012, 23:16
^^^^ x 2