PDA

View Full Version : $13k RS6

GregS6
August 9th, 2012, 01:34
Just came across this on my local CL

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/3129119760.html

1uglymug
August 9th, 2012, 01:39
I smell a potential 6-speed swapped RS6 in the making...

Jimmy
August 9th, 2012, 14:30
If this is the car I think it is...the guy's high school-aged son was driving it lately.

I hope he took the ganja leaf sticker off the back trunk ! But maybe there's a tube and some crumbs left in the trunk. 8-)

'Green' fuild leaking ? Sounds like the wrong coolant was put in the there. I'm down in that area for work most weeks...gotta see if this is the same car.

bmwade
August 9th, 2012, 15:37
I was thinking green fluid might be power steering? I just had the hose replaced on my S4 and the recommended fluid is green. If his son was indeed driving it then I'm sure it's only a few miles from needing a new transmission and TC anyways so may as well do 6-speed swap.

lswing
August 9th, 2012, 16:05
Power steering dark green...if it's the rack $1,200 plus labor of $1-3k...

Jimmy
August 9th, 2012, 16:52
The rack must be really shot if it's leaking out and onto the ground....or a boot just ripped on it minutes before he took the picture for his ad.

I guess it very well could be at those miles too. The rack on my allroad went at about 160K....although the fluid that came out was more reddish brown (prolly the original from the factory ! )

Def sounds more like a 'mechanics special' buy...a manual would be sweet too if someone went that way and got this car cheap.

mik15
August 9th, 2012, 17:37
if you can buy it for $10k or maybe less, you will probably invest at least another 10k to 15k to make it road worthy, depending on the issues it might have...i would say it's a good deal and definitely a good project to bring back to life an RS6 :) and if the car does look good inside/outside with no accidents i'd go for it!

bmwade
August 9th, 2012, 17:53
Its actually quite tempting if it could be bought for 10! I could have a collection:addict:

speedtrapped
August 9th, 2012, 20:05
hmmm, saw this... interesting...sitting on a parts I could use for this.

speedtrapped
August 9th, 2012, 20:09
seller replied, sold.

nistah
August 9th, 2012, 20:12
seller replied, sold.

Your thinking about coming back for more?

Dion has had my car @ Drive , picking it up this weekend!

speedtrapped
August 9th, 2012, 20:15
for that price, $10k, plus my engine and trans...I def was giving it thought....the TT is still scaring me though, nasty....and for shit and giggles, I did the GT2 mod, removed the front diff

speedtrapped
August 9th, 2012, 20:18
Your thinking about coming back for more?

Dion has had my car @ Drive , picking it up this weekend!
u must be chomping at bit....u should give me a call if your close. come take a ride in the tuna can turbo.

Bigglezworth
August 9th, 2012, 21:09
All you guys talking about getting the car for cheap?? WTH? It's advertised @ 13K. That's alread cheap. I'm quite baffled at people thinking they should get it for even cheaper after it's already bargain basement accounting for little odds and sods. Green coolant isn't the end of the world. So the guy didn't use the pet friendly stuff.

Jimmy
August 10th, 2012, 12:03
Agreed, TOTALLY, 13 was cheap for this car...and it did sell pretty quickly. I have no idea what he took for it, but it was priced rightly....the email back to me was only 3 words; 'car is sold'.

If it was indeed the green coolant, someone might be concerned if any of the service records were from like maybe Pep Boys or Sam's Club. Not that thier techs are any better (or worse) than say an Audi dealer tech.