PDA

View Full Version : 034 Wastegate upgrade service.

UrS6
August 7th, 2012, 16:31
Thoughts?

http://www.034motorsport.com/turbochargers-and-accessories-wastegatesparts-wastegate-upgrade-service-rs6-turbo-12psi-p-20017.html

lswing
August 7th, 2012, 16:42
So you already have the turbos off the car? Get the rebuild for $1k at Scroll. He'll do the wastegate, but I think only recommended it once the internals were upgraded too. Keeping more pressure on the turbo is going to burn it up. I would say no...

marklar182
August 7th, 2012, 16:52
I wouldn't go as far as to say "burn up the turbos".

Rather than it can put them out of their efficiency range if the wastegates are aggressively adjusted, and when they are there they are useless.

Also you have to be careful and tune it for the upped boost or the ECU will get pissy and go into Limp mode.

lswing
August 7th, 2012, 16:57
^What he said.......

+ I can get and maintain way more boost than the car wants. Boost is excellent on my car since the hoses and IC were done, no leaks, and even better with upgraded impeller shafts on the turbo rebuild.

hahnmgh63
August 7th, 2012, 20:47
Well, mine would consistently boost to over 22psi here recently when the N75 was receiving a bad signal due to a leak so I think the Scroll Turbos are boosting just fine as they are.