PDA

View Full Version : How quick are some RS6

milkandjuice
October 27th, 2003, 01:42
Just curious to know if many of the board members have run their RS6's and what terminal mph they achieved. Also what mods were done to achieve these results. Also if anyone has done any dyno figures with their mods.

Thanks for any help

Dru

Bauer
October 27th, 2003, 06:04
Dru,

I personally have not done any 0 to 60mph times but the fastest I have gone is 130mph with ease. So stable it is scary.....I can't tell you how many times I have looked down and seen 100mph and gone,"OH CRAP, I better slow down" not even realizing I was going that fast.

Plexus in the UK got a 0 to 60 mph in 3.98 with an APR chip and I believe stock exhaust(sound enhancing).

The fastest stock time I have seen is 0 to 60 4.3 and 1/4mile in 12.66/108mph.

milkandjuice
October 27th, 2003, 08:58
Bauer

Thanks for the reply, 108mph is definately fast for a stock car, phew!! I was getting worried cause when I do the power to weight, I felt that some other cars were gonna give my sleeper a real close run.

As for stability, I can't say I know cause unfortunately in Australia numbers are very limited so I never got to test drive one. But if it has any resemblance to my A6, what you say will definately be true.

I'm just interested in knowing what mph the :addict: will achieve will mods like hi-flowed turbos, custom exhausts, and aftermarket management.

Thanks for the info, :addict: reign supreme!!!

Bauer
October 27th, 2003, 17:45
1/4 mile runs I have seen with chip(remapped ECU) and exhaust were 12.2 dont know speed....there is a story on this board about it. It is located on the front page down the page a bit.

Erik
October 27th, 2003, 17:51
http://www.rs6.com/articles/008.html

Sorry I do not recall any end speeds.

M5 and RS6 have very equal end speeds at 402 m. (stock)

Hartmann Mtrspt
October 27th, 2003, 18:47
165 on of the toll roads at night....

In So-Cal

:addict:

Gustav
October 28th, 2003, 12:21
But these 1/4 mile times are with G-tech and not onm the strip, right? :deal: :error:

rsjoe
October 28th, 2003, 13:38
A few recent encounters leave me wondering if my RS6 is more smoke and mirrors rather than true $85k level performance. I'm starting to see a parallel to the porsche "mystique" where for $80+ you get panache but the performance is mediocre relative to much less costly competition e.g. vette. The recent encounters were with a mustang cobra and a maxima ( may have been supercharged) and the results were not impressive. The RS6 is entertaining but so isn't a miata. IMHO the RS6 should have been priced around 70k relative to the competition. If I had it to do over again I'd wait and buy a used RS6 is a couple of years and mod the hell out of it!

Gustav
October 28th, 2003, 13:42
The 4WD eats alot of power, but its easily tuned though. :bunny2:

The performance is good, but its no 450 HP performance, more on a 400 HP level I would say.

Benman
October 28th, 2003, 14:45
Originally posted by rsjoe
A few recent encounters leave me wondering if my RS6 is more smoke and mirrors rather than true $85k level performance. I'm starting to see a parallel to the porsche "mystique" where for $80+ you get panache but the performance is mediocre relative to much less costly competition e.g. vette. The recent encounters were with a mustang cobra and a maxima ( may have been supercharged) and the results were not impressive. The RS6 is entertaining but so isn't a miata. IMHO the RS6 should have been priced around 70k relative to the competition. If I had it to do over again I'd wait and buy a used RS6 is a couple of years and mod the hell out of it!

And the fact that the very same $50K ZO6 Vette will post VERY similar numbers (track, 0-60, 1/4 times, etc...) as a $180K Ferrari Modena, is that just "smoke and mirrors" as well? Keep in mind also that the Vette is DANG close to 1000 lbs. lighter than the RS6.

Ben:addict: (It's more than just numbers, it's also about class.)

sturs6
October 28th, 2003, 15:47
A smooth 155 mph on a brand new Interstate Loop around the city.

Bauer
October 28th, 2003, 16:17
Look if you are buying a car JUST for 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times...then yes you did buy the wrong car. I would hope that there was more to you car buying decission than this. You can get cars that are less expensive and faster or even buy a slower car and mod the hell out of it to make it faster for less money. That is why to me buying a car like this or an M5, E55 is more than 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times.:cheers:

P.S. Gustav...the 1/4 that was 12.2 with a chipped car was done by a G-tech I believe.

the 0 to 60 in 4.3 and 1/4 mile in 12.66 @108.9 was done by Road & Track in a comparison to the E55

and the 0 to 60 in 3.98 by Plexus in the Uk with an APR chip and I dont how they timed it. However, Plexus stated that he was at the track/airport? with his friend who was doing 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile runs with his drag bike so that leads me to believe it was not a g-tech in this case.:cheers:

Gustav
October 28th, 2003, 16:39
:confused: 12,66 s was really good :bunny2: Wow.

Bauer
October 28th, 2003, 16:54
the E55 did it in I think 12.24 @116mph:bigeyes:

Erik
October 28th, 2003, 23:04
http://www.car-stats.com/

Obtained from C&D May, 2003
0-60: 4.4
1/4 Mile: 12.8
1/4 Speed: 108
Transmission: Manual ;) (yeah right!)

milkandjuice
October 29th, 2003, 01:08
I have not yet recieved my RS6, but I was just curious as to what the starting base for performance was. I believe that a 5 valve, 4.2 Litre V8, twin turbo, AWD would be a great platform to begin with. I also understand that power/weight is one of the most crucial elements to a cars performance, hence I have a modded, 400hp/1270kg wrx.

But the rex aint ever gonna give me the same luxurious enjoyment of driving the rs6, or will it ever have the same build quality, or refinement. The two cars are completely different driving experiences.

I think that owners of :addict: should appreciate them for what they are(very fast luxury saloons), not race weapons(in standard form anyway). But since my first taste of AWD I've never contemplated going back to anything less, what is power without control. I can see the limitations of the rs6, but when searching to buy a new car eg E55, M5 I definately saw their limitations thats why I'm waiting for my Vorsprung durch Technik beast.

However I am very keen in looking into making my beast as quick as possible with absolute minimum reliability problems, thats why I started this thread.

So after that long winded gasbagging. Yes you can get faster cars cheaper, yes you possibly could get cars with better resale, maybe even better street cred, and more luxury appointments, but I doubt you'd find one with all these attributes rolled into one very attractive package better than the mighty :addict:

These are just my opinions

Dru

Benman
October 29th, 2003, 05:03
and nice opinions at that:cheers:

Ben:addict:

gmbh6
October 29th, 2003, 08:44
Originally posted by Benman
And the fact that the very same $50K ZO6 Vette will post VERY similar numbers (track, 0-60, 1/4 times, etc...) as a $180K Ferrari Modena, is that just "smoke and mirrors" as well? Keep in mind also that the Vette is DANG close to 1000 lbs. lighter than the RS6.

Ben:addict: (It's more than just numbers, it's also about class.)
Exactly! :addict:

BBGT2
October 29th, 2003, 14:11
ITS AN RS6 THING SOME PEOPLE JUST CANT HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!

Bauer
October 29th, 2003, 18:33
I think it can be said by all of us (well maybe not all) that we will eventually want more power....I know I will but it is the whole package that attracted me to the RS6. The AWD has always been a big factor to me because of the control it affords us. Like you said power is nothing without control:cheers: