PDA

View Full Version : Holy heat power robbing...

lswing
August 6th, 2012, 02:44
Well it's been 95 the last two days, beast does not like it. Been driving pretty easy since the engine bay gets scorching. Don't know how you in hot climates deal with this, I swear I'm -30 hp at least. Bring back 75 degrees please! :)

And the car is just insane when it's 40-50 degrees out.

ben916, you should add to your mod list, moved to Seattle.

Got a dyno day next weekend, going to be 85, planning on bringing water spray and maybe an extra fan, I know my numbers will be down. It's a Cobb tuning shop so they should have decent cooling.

makaveli42
August 6th, 2012, 02:51
thats what ive been saying for ages! I ran a 13.33 when it was 105 out, should at least be in the 12s! and thats with my 45 mintues drive to the strip! I cant wait to expierence the beast now that shes tuned when it gets in the 60s and 50s!

i can deff feel a difference in the cool morning (high 60s) compared to on the way home from work in the high 90s

bmwade
August 6th, 2012, 04:25
I've only ever driven her in +85....I can't wait till the fall comes in november so I can have some 70's!

mik15
August 6th, 2012, 05:03
it definitely runs better when cooler, now with the summer we have here constantly 113 during the day and above and in the evening it gets to 96/97, i can feel the difference when the temperature drops down to 96 :), when driving at 85mph it's no difference but when you try to push it harder that's when you observe that she is in pain 'cause of the heat :(

pwm
August 7th, 2012, 00:06
i definitely noticed the difference when I drove up to Montana last month. It was a BEAST in the cool morning air, even at 7000 feet.