PDA

View Full Version : My new 1/4 mile times with Viper tune vs Old 1/4 mile times with Eurocharge...

makaveli42
August 3rd, 2012, 00:39
I know i know, i still need a vagcom. but i honestly think my car is running fine now. I'm still slower than i think i should be, but KEEP IN MIND MY DASH TEMP GAUGE SAID IT WAS 105 AT ONE POINT AND HAD A 45 MINUTES STOP AND GO IN TRAFFIC DRIVE TO THE TRACK:hey:

that being said here is my new vs old times.

NEW OLD
60' 2.044 2.202
330 5.686 6.089
1/8 8.662 9.176
1000 11.200 11.791

1/4 13.339 13.965
MPH 105.00 103.52

A guy with a new vette with a cam run 10.500 all day long and he wasnt even able to break out of the 11s......so i know the heat killed the performance.

:revs:But overall im super thrilled with the Viper tune compared to what i had.:revs: Still gonna get the vagcom and do some logs (once i understand it all) to see if im losing boost or anything. i know when a show with vagcom ran my car for codes all it came back with was that i have a bad EGT sensor....can that effect performance at all?

Thanks in advance for your input/advice

makaveli42
August 3rd, 2012, 00:40
EDIT: I still think i should be able to break out of the 2s on my 60' just gotta figure out the brake boost thing with Viper lol

and i had a 93 Octane and 110 Octane mix....my gas gause said 0 miles lol and i put in enough 110 to get it to say 20 miles....not sure if the 110 helps any tho?

marklar182
August 3rd, 2012, 03:00
In the heat the 110 will for sure keep the car from pulling timing.

ThrillHouse
August 3rd, 2012, 03:17
Good to see times! Those runs seem real equal to me. The 60' says it all. My rule for the 60' is for times over 2 seconds, one tenth is equal to 2 tenths at the top. 1.5mph with the heat does point to more power thou!

You positive that 110 was unleaded too?

Bigglezworth
August 3rd, 2012, 04:01
EDIT: I still think i should be able to break out of the 2s on my 60' just gotta figure out the brake boost thing with Viper lol

These cars are more than capable of pulling times below 2secs for 60'. The quickest I've seen is a 1.66 which is astonishing.

johnnie27
August 3rd, 2012, 05:08
These cars are more than capable of pulling times below 2secs for 60'. The quickest I've seen is a 1.66 which is astonishing.

the press car back in 2003 ran stock 13.08 ....??? in australia

would have thought easy 12.5-12.7 with a tune

lswing
August 3rd, 2012, 06:32
Hmmm, on a cool day with moderate launch I can turn a 0-100 in 10 seconds, 0-60 in 4.5...

Heat is really a big difference maker, you really see it in the logging.

And thanks for sharing the times and details, good stuff!

makaveli42
August 3rd, 2012, 12:05
Good to see times! Those runs seem real equal to me. The 60' says it all. My rule for the 60' is for times over 2 seconds, one tenth is equal to 2 tenths at the top. 1.5mph with the heat does point to more power thou!

You positive that 110 was unleaded too?

Lol. Idk if it was unleaded or not? It was for RACE ONLY it said, not for street use?

And thanks for the feedback guys! I am going back in October, should be a lot cooker temps then and see what I run
!

4everRS
August 3rd, 2012, 12:54
Then it was leaded. It won't hurt anything if it's used rarely. If used often, it will wreck O2's and cats.

speedtrapped
August 3rd, 2012, 14:02
I always wanted Viper tune. As I was happy with Jerry's tune(before the build), It seem from the Euro forums, chris(?) @ Viper was maximizing the potential of the RS6....keep practicing brake boosting, the car would scream if it had 6MT. When I finally got the brake boosting down, it was AWESOME!! I had a dip cup, that was seated in front of the trans selector, when I released brake, the cup shot past my head and splattered all over my back seats(gross yes).

4everRS
August 3rd, 2012, 15:08
I had a dip cup, that was seated in front of the trans selector, when I released brake, the cup shot past my head and splattered all over my back seats(gross yes).

I LOL'ed.

You're right. That's gross.

Chung
August 3rd, 2012, 16:58
I always wanted Viper tune. As I was happy with Jerry's tune(before the build), It seem from the Euro forums, chris(?) @ Viper was maximizing the potential of the RS6....keep practicing brake boosting, the car would scream if it had 6MT. When I finally got the brake boosting down, it was AWESOME!! I had a dip cup, that was seated in front of the trans selector, when I released brake, the cup shot past my head and splattered all over my back seats(gross yes).

Sometimes I get great information on this forum... and sometimes I do not. This was TMI :).

First time in my car I had my cell phone in front of the shifter. It hit the back seat quite violently and now I have to remember to not put things there. The most recent time was with my toll pass and I just had to pay the extra because it was in the back seat.

lswing
August 3rd, 2012, 18:55
With the traction control off my tires have been spinning a bit much on anything more than a light launch, even when dry....time for new tires I think....2 year old Nitto Invo's....

makaveli42
August 3rd, 2012, 23:55

yeah thats gross lol

but im not sure how to keep practicing the brake boosting lol?
i just hold the brake and floor the gas....sometimes i can feel the power wanting to be released and then sometimes i can, i could feel the power when i ran the 13.3, was running 13.6 when i couldnt feel anything.
not sure if a light brake and light gas is better or a hard brake and just enough gas to hit the 2500rpm spot and hold or what..

ben916
August 3rd, 2012, 23:59
rat-foot-duck technique

lswing
August 4th, 2012, 00:04
Ah yes, it's back, now who had the good pic of it?

Rev once 2k, rev twice 2k, third time boost builds, release brake and hold on....so they say.....experts might weight in...

Edit; personally afraid to do this for the trans sake, plus I'm already cutting tires loose at moderate throttle, torque monster.

makaveli42
August 4th, 2012, 01:26
rat-foot-duck technique

My viper tune has left foot braking....would the duck rat foot help still?

ben916
August 4th, 2012, 03:14

Give a try and find out...

4everRS
August 4th, 2012, 04:48

No. You don't need to worry about the technique. The DFR just tricks the ecu into building boost, when normally it wouldn't as your on the brake.

You can just squeeze the throttle and let go of the brake.