PDA

View Full Version : Someday's you're the bug....

Bigglezworth
July 24th, 2012, 22:51
....someday's you're the windshield. I just knew I shouldn't have gotten out of get this morning.

Frack!!:w:

Well, I guess if there's any positive aspect to this, it's that only the door is affected and not the quarter panel, glass, rocker panel, wheel/suspension, etc.

>sigh<

Spidercat
July 24th, 2012, 22:57
Ouch!
Sorry to hear about that. Did you get the info of the perp, of was it an unwitnessed parking lot incident? I'd be blowing my top if I walked out to my car and saw that.

ben916
July 24th, 2012, 23:22
Bummer!

Like you wrote, it could have been worse!

lswing
July 25th, 2012, 00:18
Just damn, good luck with the fixing!

ThrillHouse
July 25th, 2012, 02:53
Not Safe For Life warning please

Good luck with the repair

MaxRS6
July 25th, 2012, 13:08
Bummer- Good luck with the repair

Bigglezworth
July 25th, 2012, 13:38
Ouch!
Sorry to hear about that. Did you get the info of the perp, of was it an unwitnessed parking lot incident? I'd be blowing my top if I walked out to my car and saw that.
Hit and run in a parking lot. No word on witnesses just yet.

Justin9212
July 25th, 2012, 14:24
I really feel that in that saying neither the bug nor the windshield are really having a good day. Looking at my windshield after a long drive, its having a bad day too.

Dmb408
July 25th, 2012, 17:22
I guess what's the sale price on that one now? Were you still trying to sell that one?

mik15
July 25th, 2012, 21:14
i am really sorry for that, i understand what you're going through, it happened to me about 3 weeks ago when a woman simply ignored the Stop sign, luckily i had time to give it some gas and avoid her, however her front bumper rubbed against my right rear door but it was all ok after a quick polish....she didn't even have the decency to stop, i had to chase her down in order to stop her and then called the police....i was so pissed off with her and probably if i wasn't in this country some nasty words would've come out my mouth at her...

Spidercat
July 25th, 2012, 21:38

Sucks...
Just a thought, might wanna also check for security cameras in the area just in case.

Bigglezworth
October 4th, 2012, 00:49
Thanks to this board and a fellow board member, the beast is back to near new condition. I must applaud Audi engineering for what I view as a significant change in door design from my other cars. The design made the swap-out of a replacement door an easy task that took just under 1 hour from start to finish. The alignment is perfect between the two doors which well indicates a level of manufacturing standard across the board. Aside from a few $ out of pocket, I'm pretty pleased.

October 4th, 2012, 01:06

Damn....that sucks....made me sick. Security cam?

ben916
October 4th, 2012, 02:54
Thanks to this board and a fellow board member, the beast is back to near new condition. I must applaud Audi engineering for what I view as a significant change in door design from my other cars. The design made the swap-out of a replacement door an easy task that took just under 1 hour from start to finish. The alignment is perfect between the two doors which well indicates a level of manufacturing standard across the board. Aside from a few $ out of pocket, I'm pretty pleased.

Looking good!

October 4th, 2012, 03:10
!!!!!!!! Sweet !! Love it!

lswing
October 4th, 2012, 03:10
She looks good, like the house style too!

Looks like drc is jacked up though, throw some Koni's on for $1,200 with labor, really a good ride!

Spidercat
October 6th, 2012, 01:48
Sucks...
Just a thought, might wanna also check for security cameras in the area just in case.

Damn....that sucks....made me sick. Security cam?

Ah, I see my echo paraphraser with the 3-month delay is functioning.

I guess we think alike :cheers: !

Great to hear your car is back, Bigglezworth!