PDA

View Full Version : Rear power sunshade not working. Pretty common problem??

colton14
July 24th, 2012, 17:40
After a lot of time researching it seems the rear sunshade on a6/s6 malfunctioning is kind of common. Wondering if the rs6 is any different? When I first got my rs6 2 months ago I tried it and the motorized sunshade went up flawlessly. I then pressed the button to retract it and again flawlessly. After that one time seeing it work great, now every time I just hear a "click" when I press the button. I read people unpluging the switch to hopefully reset the relay but no luck. Also I tried pulling it a bit to make sure it wasn't catching the trim and also no luck. I would assume taking it in would be super expensive so I might just deal with it. I would really like to find this electrical gremlin because I know the system works! Arggghhhh, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

lswing
July 24th, 2012, 17:41
I always keep my fingers crossed when using it, only raised and thankfully lowered about 20 times....the whole hing/arm system seems like it could catch up easily, or slip a gear...

colton14
July 24th, 2012, 18:03
Ya in that case if I get it replaced who knows how long it will work. It seems it would be something minor because it is getting power with the click noise I am hearing. I wish I would have never seen it work that one time. I have hit the button about 100 plus times now and no luck. Anybody resolved this issue on there own??

ThrillHouse
July 24th, 2012, 18:31
Make sure that the rear deck is not pushed up at all. I had a small rattle and did some testing with a tshirt... Well it raised the deck too high and the shade got caught. Adjusted shirt and it was fine. I'd suggest pressing the deck down and hit the button

colton14
July 24th, 2012, 19:09
I will try that. So how do you tell if something is broken or the motor is bad? Does the clicking explain anything?

colton14
July 24th, 2012, 20:04
Can the summer heat in the trunk be the issue?