PDA

View Full Version : Eurocharged Tune Really Low Dyno Numbers?

audib4
July 23rd, 2012, 21:01
Just got my Eurocharged Tune a week ago, took the car up to Minnesota for Eurowerks and stopped by a local Dyno Shop. They have the all wheel drive dynojet. I was REALLY disappointed in the numbers. Also comparing the graph to my friend's cars that have JHM and APR tunes (B6/B7 S4's,Stage 3 TTS, stage 2+ GTI) , this graph sucks! Not smooth and linear like theirs. By the way, they couldn't get a clean signal for TQ, so it is probably not accurate. I was really hoping to see up to 450AWHP and over 500 AWTQ. The car seems to run fine, no detonation like I experienced with the Unitronic Tune, but the power delivery is not as smooth as it should be, seems like boost cuts in and out under WOT.

In the last 1000 Miles the following has been done...

-Wagner IC's + CF Shrouds
-Milltek Catless Downpipes
-Resonator Delete
-034 SAI Delete
-APR R1 Diverter Valves
-ECS Vacuum Hose Kit
-Wagner IC Silicone Hoses + Clamps
-ACE TQ Converter
-NEW OEM Spark Plugs + Air Filters
-Timing Belt Service + VC + Tensioner Gaskets
-Stern Engine Mounts, 034 Transmission Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount
-All Seals and Gaskets along the way have been replaced.

Going to log tonight and post up results.
First run was in 4th gear, second run was in 3rd.
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/audib4/alex.jpg

Elevens
July 23rd, 2012, 21:41
Something Wrong there. With the Mods you have (Which are real nice), you should have at least 400hp to the Wheels with a bone stock ECU. Don't think the EuroCharged Tune is that bad so its probably and inaccurate Dyno Reading. Check Elsewhere...........................

hahnmgh63
July 23rd, 2012, 21:47
We've got very similar mods to our cars and I'm using the Eurocharged also, see other post on Overboosting (can't necessarily blame it on Eurocharged as it's Actual Overboosting when the Requested looks fine). I would be curious to see a log of Group 3, 31, 115, then a 3, 115, 118 log if you have the time.

audib4
July 23rd, 2012, 22:04
Ill get those logged later today, its 105 F out right now. It ran super healthy on the stock ECU, I wish I would have logged it before sending it out. The numbers are accurate because some of the car's I dyno'd with have dyno'd prior and numbers were really close to their readings before. I only pull one-two cars on my friends Stage 3 TTS that Dyno'd at 315 AWHP. Something isn't right.

lswing
July 23rd, 2012, 22:19
My guess after you get done logging....boost leak....your numbers start to go up then gonzo...interested to see what you get with logging...

You could still be getting plenty of heat soak with the Wagners being your only cooling mod.

Bigglezworth
July 23rd, 2012, 23:11
You have some nice bolt on mods, but unless you've done some internal engine work and/or swapped out the K04 turbos, I personally can't see you getting 500AWTQ when you have 18-20% drivetrain loss. That would suggest you are pushing 620+lbs of torque from the engine and I have yet to see those kinds of numbers without internal engine mods.

audib4
July 24th, 2012, 00:24
I honestly would be happy if both numbers were in the 400's, but dont you think these HP numbers are super low? There are stock RS6's running close to my numbers.

lswing
July 24th, 2012, 00:37
18% power loss of stock 450hp should put 369 at the wheels, stock....so you should be in the 400's, lower side eh? Post up those logs with boost, timing, lambda, egt's and we'll see what you've got.

Bigglezworth
July 24th, 2012, 00:54
I'm no expert whatsoever on Dyno's, but it's my understanding that you can take the exact same car, on the exact same date, and run it on different systems, only to obtain different numbers from each dyno system. I have only ever tested my car once on a local DynoDynamics dyno and had a tough time with getting the numbers being as the car kept wanting to shift down to second gear when doing a third gear pull. I think this greatly skewed the numbers of the test, but again not an expert to know well otherwise. I can tell you that I have a pretty darn aggressive tune that pushes 18lbs of boost at max and the peak numbers I obtained were 365AWHP and 440AWTQ. Based upon physical timeslip data/video, those numbers physically don't equate to what is actually required by the laws of physics.

The above aside, it's been mentioned by many on this forum and other car forums, dyno tests are not a true indicator of a cars performance, but better utilized as a benchmark for testing/modification references.

Best of success with your efforts.

ThrillHouse
July 24th, 2012, 01:29
I'm no expert whatsoever on Dyno's, but it's my understanding that you can take the exact same car, on the exact same date, and run it on different systems, only to obtain different numbers from each dyno system. I have only ever tested my car once on a local DynoDynamics dyno and had a tough time with getting the numbers being as the car kept wanting to shift down to second gear when doing a third gear pull. I think this greatly skewed the numbers of the test, but again not an expert to know well otherwise. I can tell you that I have a pretty darn aggressive tune that pushes 18lbs of boost at max and the peak numbers I obtained were 365AWHP and 440AWTQ. Based upon physical timeslip data/video, those numbers physically don't equate to what is actually required by the laws of physics.

The above aside, it's been mentioned by many on this forum and other car forums, dyno tests are not a true indicator of a cars performance, but better utilized as a benchmark for testing/modification references.

Best of success with your efforts.

This.

There are clearly other factors here that will be found in logs. If all looks good there get a real weight and hit the drag strip. With weight its just math to get real numbers. Awd will be more accurate as wheel spin will be minimal or not there.

audib4
July 24th, 2012, 02:49
Here are the logs guys...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/audib4/Screenshot2012-07-23at90050PM.png
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/audib4/Screenshot2012-07-23at83932PM-1.png
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/audib4/Screenshot2012-07-23at85003PM.png

makaveli42
July 24th, 2012, 03:03
If I only I knew how to read logs.....all looks like jibberish

But deff take it to the track man...

lswing
July 24th, 2012, 03:04
Looks great except for the low timing, that will rob a bit of power, if the car feels great to you probably the dyno.

audib4
July 24th, 2012, 03:10
I pulled 1-2 cars on my friend's 2009 Audi TTS APR Stage 3, he dyno'd at 315AWHP, I used to pull a half car on him in my Stage 2+ B5 S4...This car should be much faster than it is.

audib4
July 24th, 2012, 03:21
Here is a log on a stock ECU

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/audib4/Screenshot2012-07-23at93724PM.png

lswing
July 24th, 2012, 03:25
It is a 4k pound beast with lots of power loss in trans. Your boost does taper off, but not bad. Thanks a lot for the logs by the way, great for comparison.

lswing
July 24th, 2012, 04:34
Look at the massive difference in your ait compared to stock, that will rob power...

audib4
July 24th, 2012, 04:40
True, it has been over 100 degrees here the last couple weeks. IIRC, the stock pulls were done in 70 Degree weather.

4everRS
July 24th, 2012, 04:45
My car when stock did 347 on a dynojet. That's close to average on a dynojet. Our Quattro likely looses 20+%. Were you at MAP?

Most well tuned RS6's do 400-425. (maxrs6 is a very special beast likely around 440awhp. IIRC Pats old beast did over 520 ft lbs. He decided to drop it back a bit after his trans was not liking it)

Your logs look ok. I think that N75 should be a bit higher. Is it stock?

audib4
July 24th, 2012, 04:58
The N75 is stock if that's what you are asking, what exactly do you mean by MAP?

Bigglezworth
July 24th, 2012, 05:11
I pulled 1-2 cars on my friend's 2009 Audi TTS APR Stage 3, he dyno'd at 315AWHP, I used to pull a half car on him in my Stage 2+ B5 S4...This car should be much faster than it is.What's the curb weight on the two cars you mention? Don't forget the RS6 is a pig. :)

4everRS
July 24th, 2012, 14:28
The N75 is stock if that's what you are asking, what exactly do you mean by MAP?

The n75 numbers just seem a little low. I might just have to log mine to compare. Sorry for the acronyms, MAP - Modern Automotive Performance in Plymouth. I thought you maybe went there to dyno.

QuattroRS
July 24th, 2012, 15:28
That tune is dead on target.

You have heat soak.

If you want 70 degree performance from 100 degree temps start spending money on water meth.

If you want to feel the power of the tune....clear the ecu in the morning and go out and drive the car before the heat soak kicks in.

And buy some Aces.

JSRS6
July 24th, 2012, 18:34
For good Torque readings, you need to get the RPM clip on either of the two thick wires coming out of the ignition coil plug. I believe they are red and brown/yellow, IIRC. The last dyno day in Fairfax, i ran the dyno myself due to a scheduling conflict with the shop. Just be glad you dont have a RS4, they hid those wires well. Disassembly required, to say the least.

ttboost
July 25th, 2012, 21:52
Don't get all worked up over dyno numbers. All dyno's are different and a lot of people quote "crank hp" numbers, which is ridiculous as they didn't go to an engine dyno. My car is an average healthy car and dyno'd 318/370 on a Mustang dyno.
Incidently, 5-6 other RS6's also dyno'd in that power range on this same dyno. My car is flashed with a TC and it made 400/460 on the same dyno on a warm day. Heat will KILL the power on an engine, especially this car, where everything is so packed in there. That dyno sheet doesn't look good. I think you are losing a lot of power on the dyno because of timing retard....Try another tune with a little less boost or a little less timing...?

QuattroRS
July 26th, 2012, 01:33
The boost is fine
The fueling is darn near perfect
The timing is being pulled because it was 100degrees

The timing maps on the EC tune are more than fine but when you have heat soak or high outside temps the ECU will do its job and pull back timing when needed.

Try water meth injection if you want more power in the heat or upgrade intercoolers or both.

Still waiting to see if the OP tried my trick listed above. Can you give some sort of update? or just kill this thread.

audib4
July 26th, 2012, 04:20
Have not had a chance to take her out early morning just yet. I am definitely ordering water/meth next week. I already have Wagners, so intercoolers should be fine. Thanks for the input guys.

hahnmgh63
July 26th, 2012, 14:52
Yea, 30'c warmer intake temps will kill you. Looks like your overall Requested Boost is slightly less than mine. Wonder if you can load my Eurocharged file? Before you do another log, when you click set up the 3 groups to log, before you hit the 'Log' button click on 'Turbo Mode' at the top of the screen, this will increase your sampling rate and make for a more readable log.

lswing
July 26th, 2012, 18:34
The W/M kit that we put in has been great for me, fill every couple months depending on driving...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24230-Water-Meth-Kit-installed-and-running!?highlight=

audib4
July 26th, 2012, 19:21
That's a cool setup, I will be tapping into the washer fluid tank most likely, that way I'll have a warning when I am running low.

lswing
July 26th, 2012, 19:26
Good deal, easier all around with cables/tubes. The DO kit has a gauge with lights but looks crappy so I keep it tucked in my fuse area. Shows when meth starts, at full, and when tank is low. That 2.5 gallon tank holds plenty though, and since I already had the Optima battery they fit right where the old big one was.

audib4
July 26th, 2012, 19:35
Does anyone have some photos/DIY on wiring up the controller/where to splice/etc? I did this on my B5 S4 but it was so long ago I don't recall.

twinsteve
August 17th, 2012, 19:07
My car when stock did 347 on a dynojet. That's close to average on a dynojet. Our Quattro likely looses 20+%. Were you at MAP?

Most well tuned RS6's do 400-425. (maxrs6 is a very special beast likely around 440awhp. IIRC Pats old beast did over 520 ft lbs. He decided to drop it back a bit after his trans was not liking it)

Your logs look ok. I think that N75 should be a bit higher. Is it stock?

One more data point....first time ever with RS6 on dyno (Dyno Dynamics).....341 was my number...car is bone stock, so that seems right about in the normal range