PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 owner from Finland

RS6Finn
July 23rd, 2012, 13:32
I've been reading the forum for a while and finally got myself registered. Couple months ago I bought a RS6 from Latvia and imported it to Finland. Haven't registered it yet due to the high tax we have to pay specially for high emission cars like this. So I will do some maintenance and cleaning before I will have it registered. Car had a broken transmission so I got a good deal on it and had the transmission fixed in Latvia.

I must say that the car is really amazing compared to anything i've driven before! It pulls like grazy and it seems that it never stops pulling no matter what the speedometer reads. Car has MTM chip and exhaust plus KW3 suspension. So no need to do anything for the power or handling (for now at least :lovl:). I really like the dark red colour which looks almost black in cloudy weather combined with black wheels. The interior is also perfect colour in my opinion.

I'm doing all work for my cars myself and have a lift in my garage, so I've been reading the forum closely to see what work I should do on it. I will do the timing belt replacement at first and bought the Bentley manual to make sure I can do it right. Doesn't look too bad but I'm guessing I might need to ask some questions here. BTW, what's interesting is that the timing belt parts were cheaper in US than in Europe though parts are made in Europe. So I made a full use of my holiday trip to US and bought the parts to fill my suitcase :hihi:.

There are lot of Audi enthusiasts in Finland but not many doing their own work for RS6. So that's why I like this forum as there seems to many DIY people around.

Here are some pics of the ride. Hope you like it, I know I do.

hahnmgh63
July 23rd, 2012, 13:55
The car looks real good. Your right about the color, would love to see pictures in Bright Sunlight as a contrast sometime. Here is a Good DIY that covers most of the Timing Belt job that someone here (Brazil) did on the forum. http://forums.quattroworld.com/rs6/msgs/1360.phtml

lswing
July 23rd, 2012, 15:52
Looks good, nice seats! Left side drive?

RS6Finn
July 23rd, 2012, 19:27
Thanks. Left hand drive for sure, only UK is right hand drive in Europe. I will get some sunny pics after I get the car waxed and looking all nice and shiny.

And thanks for the link, that info is great! That will definitely help with all the good pics.

vitalian
July 23rd, 2012, 23:34
Sweet ride!

1uglymug
July 24th, 2012, 02:17
Congrats. Love the seats. Love the wheels. Enjoy!

RS6Finn
July 8th, 2013, 15:05
A lot has been done since last post so I thought to share some update.

During last winter I took the front end apart to do all maintenance needed to make the car as reliable and well performing as possible. I ended up changing following:

Timing belt (with needed bolts, rollers, tensioner etc)
Water pump
Thermostat
Alternator regulator
Oil seals for crank and camshafts
Valve cover gasket for both sides
Accessory belt
Spark plugs
Turbo hoses (Wagners)
Bigger cores for intercoolers (old were leaking badly)

Here are some pics, sorry about the quality as these are taken with cellphone.

Taking the front end apart:

Really oily engine, oil seals were leaking badly:

Everything cleaned and new parts going in

New belt

IC's with new cores

Also changed as many of the small hoses under the air intake as I could. All and all it was not too bad to do. I took my time to do everything right and was not in a hurry so everything worked out just fine.

RS6Finn
July 8th, 2013, 15:17
Here are couple pics of the finished product :applause:

Got the paint polished and new Goodyear Eagle F1 tires

Also got the plates on about a month ago so now I can just enjoy driving :incar:

SteveKen
July 8th, 2013, 15:46
Very Nice. Welcome.

The inserts on the seats are cloth, correct?

Where in Finland are you located?

I've been to Helsinki & Jyvasklya a few times.

DHall1
July 8th, 2013, 17:04
That car looks great. Nice work to save the beast and give it some proper attention.

Looks to be a Audi Exclusive special order car. I have seen that color on some D2 S8s. Ditto for the interior Audi Exclusive because you have a pattern material on the steering wheel as well. Right?

There is a rumor of 1 RS6 in the US painted in this color. What is the paint code and name?

Here are couple pics of the finished product :applause:

Got the paint polished and new Goodyear Eagle F1 tires

Also got the plates on about a month ago so now I can just enjoy driving :incar:

nistah
July 8th, 2013, 19:21
Looks to be a Audi Exclusive special order car. There is a rumor of 1 RS6 in the US painted in this color. What is the paint code and name?
M5 Eater has a 1/1 black cherry special order painted RS6 that I have seen, however the color of the on shown in this thead seems to be more red than M5 Eaters I could be wrong tho

RS6Finn
July 8th, 2013, 20:10
Very Nice. Welcome.

The inserts on the seats are cloth, correct?

Where in Finland are you located?

I've been to Helsinki & Jyvasklya a few times.

Thanks!

I'm close to Oulu so little bit north from Jyvaskyla. Nice quattro weather here during the winter, and you can drive on the sea ice, that's a lot of fun :) Nokian tyres actually made the ice speed record with new RS6 last winter very close to where I live.

RS6Finn
July 8th, 2013, 20:23
That car looks great. Nice work to save the beast and give it some proper attention.

Looks to be a Audi Exclusive special order car. I have seen that color on some D2 S8s. Ditto for the interior Audi Exclusive because you have a pattern material on the steering wheel as well. Right?

There is a rumor of 1 RS6 in the US painted in this color. What is the paint code and name?

I don't know the details how this car was ordered but it must be some kind of special order car. The build sheet sticker in the trunk doesn't show the paint code, it's empty where the paint code should be. Also the interior I haven't seen in any other car. Inserts of the seats are cloth, but look somewhat like carbon fiber. I really like the paint and the interior and I don't think I will sell the car any time soon because there's no other one like this.

I've been told that the paint is close to Audi code 8C which has been used in A8's but it's not exact. I think I will contact Audi if they have more info about how the car was ordered. I would also like to get it repainted in some point because there are some rough places in the paint.

DHall1
July 8th, 2013, 20:49
You really have something there. Take good care of it.

More pics of the interior please. And I would guess that Audi could decode that paint with the VIN. Let us know what it reveals.

ttboost
July 8th, 2013, 22:20
Yeah that's different..very nice car!!!

mik15
July 9th, 2013, 07:01
that's a special car, take good care of it and enjoy it!