PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a legit Extended Warranty

eanders
July 20th, 2012, 03:08
I read the posts on this topic - in short, get an extended warranty, but have real concern with the validity of some of the warranties I am coming across. There are online companies that will sell them for an RS6, but when I investigate them further I hear they don't pay claims, drag out repairs, and in general are a nightmare. I realize people tend to review their bad experiences, but these reviews scare me. I was ready to pull the trigger on an AutoGuard Warranty (by American Auto Guardian), but the online reviews for this company were bad to say the least.

The mechanic I plan to use says the only extended warranties that he's seen that were any good were sold through Audi. Well, I didn't buy my beast from Audi, so no such luck.

I heard Fidelity was good, but they won't write the RS6 anymore. I am looking into National based on someone's positive experience with their RS6. Does anyone have any positive experiences to share and companies to endorse - non Audi-dealer written? Does anyone have any poor experiences to share with their warranty / service contract?

marklar182
July 20th, 2012, 03:48
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19688-Extended-Warranty-quick-decision?p=174672&viewfull=1#post174672