PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a custom exhaust made?

makaveli42
July 19th, 2012, 19:14
i know this has been brought up many times before but i tried searching and the search only works with one word for me lol...if i type in custom exhaust it finds "custom" then "exhaust" not the two together...

but anywho, a friend of mines dad is a backyard mechanic and has a lift and does custom exhausts. he said he can get rid of the rear cats and resonators and keep the muffles on...

has anyone else done this? i really want no cat DPs too but cant find myself to pay the $2k for them.

my viper tune had the rear o2 deleted anyways...so that wont be an issue.

thanks in advance.

ben916
July 19th, 2012, 19:47
There are several on here that have custom built exhausts (Eric - his username escapes me at the moment, Hy Octane has straight pipes, the guy with the Blue RS6 in Florida - Fonzie Audi - but sold it in a crazy thread)
Just to name a few..

kismetcapitan
July 19th, 2012, 20:07
I'm considering doing a custom pipe, so that the rear mufflers are deleted. I'd like to do it in a motorcycle slip-on style, so that I can easily swap the stock mufflers back in by just unclamping the pipe.

The catalytic converters are in the downpipes, and are rather difficult to get to.

stubro
July 19th, 2012, 20:42
I had mine done at USP in Coral Springs Fla, I might be the Blue RS6 in Fla :). Here is a link to the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv9wEMiLku8 It was well worth it. Let me know if you need more info.

makaveli42
July 19th, 2012, 21:00
Do u have to drop the engine to remove the down pipes?

johnnie27
July 20th, 2012, 01:20
i have a somewhat custom exh

primary cats in place (secondarys gone) custom x-pipe , res delete, remus mufflers , 4inch oem style tips

sound is magnificent! picked up 16 atw kw with s/cat removal and new map

js12786

4everRS
July 20th, 2012, 04:33
It's not tough to get at the main cats with the car on a lift. Pat did his rather quickly IIRC. I have been planning on cutting mine out and clamping in straight pipes in place of the main cats. V-banding them in so I can swap back and forth.

SensoRS6
August 5th, 2013, 20:00
I had mine done at USP in Coral Springs Fla, I might be the Blue RS6 in Fla :). Here is a link to the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv9wEMiLku8 It was well worth it. Let me know if you need more info.

Did you notice an increase in power? How much was the change from USP? I am up in Orlando, might be thinking about doing the same.

JSRS6
August 6th, 2013, 14:29
Usp quoted me 3700-ish when I called for full turbo back, installed.

lswing
August 6th, 2013, 16:15
Did you notice an increase in power? How much was the change from USP? I am up in Orlando, might be thinking about doing the same.

Biggest difference is removing the cats, will get you 20hp or so when tuned, and quicker spool...

RSSIK
August 10th, 2013, 16:52
I have a completely custom setup on mine. All i have are stock piggy pipes and main cats all the rest is stainless 2.5" dual pipes to my porsche 911 turbo exhaust tips. The guy that did my exhaust must be one of the best welders ive ever seen in person. His work is incredible. He builds all custom setups for a shop called ams autoworks but he does work out of his own shop. i can have him jig mine up for fitment and send it to you somehow someway if you or anyone else is interested.

na1mt
August 11th, 2013, 01:39
^^^^^I have heard this in person and it does sound mean!

UrS6
August 11th, 2013, 16:55
I have a completely custom setup on mine. All i have are stock piggy pipes and main cats all the rest is stainless 2.5" dual pipes to my porsche 911 turbo exhaust tips. The guy that did my exhaust must be one of the best welders ive ever seen in person. His work is incredible. He builds all custom setups for a shop called ams autoworks but he does work out of his own shop. i can have him jig mine up for fitment and send it to you somehow someway if you or anyone else is interested.

How about a video? Whats the cost for your guy to build another?

ttboost
August 12th, 2013, 00:14
I have homemade fully catless DP's with the rest of the exhaust being the stock SE exhaust. Sounds great and picked up some power too. I picked up even more with the manual swap.

makaveli42
August 12th, 2013, 00:49
I started this one and never replied to it lol.

But I got a homemade custom exhaust done near Chicago, straight piped from ur turbos back, no cat, no muffler, no nothing! Not as loud as you would think unless you mash it. Still manageable for a daily driver for me

UrS6
August 12th, 2013, 01:12
I have homemade fully catless DP's with the rest of the exhaust being the stock SE exhaust. Sounds great and picked up some power too. I picked up even more with the manual swap.
No issues with emissions testing?

RSSIK
August 14th, 2013, 01:15
How about a video? Whats the cost for your guy to build another?

Im not sure how to upload to this site but i will be more than happy to send you a video or as many as you would like by email.

lswing
August 14th, 2013, 06:13
I've heard of a new site, YouTube I think the kids call it...sorry, couldn't resist...

ttboost
August 14th, 2013, 11:58
No issues with emissions testing?

Just got my letter the other day. We think it will pass, but not sure about the "visual". Probably put my stock DP's back on to get tested. Might leave them on as I am going to sell it now, we'll see.

UrS6
August 14th, 2013, 16:37
Im not sure how to upload to this site but i will be more than happy to send you a video or as many as you would like by email.
Pm sent. But you should load something on to YouTube too

Crackd
August 16th, 2013, 15:37
Hey,

Yep! Sure did had custom exhaust down pipes all the way to the tips, 3" mandrel bent entire way with x-pipe and dual mufflers/resonators which provides a nice respectable rumble at idle but V8 super car when WOT.