PDA

View Full Version : TID V2 High Performance Aluminium Paddle Shifter for AUDI DSG

audir10
July 12th, 2012, 05:06
Does anyone here have this?
http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/product_info.php?products_id=1457

How is the fitment and feel when shifting?

http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/images/90155a.jpg?osCsid=9e6d7f599023120e416d617da775019f

bmwade
July 12th, 2012, 15:39
I can't tell for sure, but it looks like from the pictures these screw into the original ones? they look kinda nice, and may be a back up option if the group buy doesn't happen in the next couple months on the other ones...

ben916
July 12th, 2012, 19:24
I can't tell for sure, but it looks like from the pictures these screw into the original ones? they look kinda nice, and may be a back up option if the group buy doesn't happen in the next couple months on the other ones...

If that is true, the tolerances for the backing screws would be in question AND the weight against the existing screws.
If you look at how the OEM ones are attached, you will see...

ThrillHouse
July 12th, 2012, 23:12
I didn't see any screw holes... two sided tape?

100% Fitments guaranteed & Easy to Install, also comes with instructions & 3M tape included

Stephencl
July 13th, 2012, 05:30
They stick on with two sided tape...we are still checking with the manufacturer on a much lower quantity for the group buy. We should know something this next week... stay tuned.

Stephen

JSRS6
July 13th, 2012, 10:34
you don't want some crappy stick on paddle extension. wait for the real thing. Trust me...they are awesome.

4everRS
July 13th, 2012, 12:33
you don't want some crappy stick on paddle extension. wait for the real thing. Trust me...they are awesome.

How long of a wait? And any idea on cost? The only reason I didn't jump on those cnc'd aluminum ones, was they are too damn expensive.

JSRS6
July 13th, 2012, 12:45
Stephen is heading that up. They should be around 200. They are worth it.

lswing
July 13th, 2012, 17:03
I might be in, different design than the last custom batch by chance? I thought the previous ones were a bit big, and needed grooves or something on the back.

I do like the current low-profile paddles, but driving an M5 with a bit more paddle does feel good. I would really like to improve the paddle action/click, i bet that could be done somehow...

ben916
July 13th, 2012, 20:40
I have a set of the original 4:
At first I thought they were almost too big and that they needed the grooves and the ± needed to RED/BLACK.

Now, it is almost second nature and instinct that they are that big (if that is really the right word to use)