PDA

View Full Version : C6 RS6 Engine into a US C6 A6

nistah
July 11th, 2012, 19:43
Could this be done???
What would it take???

Here is the link to the C6 RS6 Engine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Audi-4F-RS6-RS-6-5-0-V10-TFSI-580HP-/180921169637?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1fbdf6e5&vxp=mtr

ben916
July 11th, 2012, 20:04
scotty at Advanced in TX (check Audizine for thread) had contemplated doing this but the $$$$$ for the motor and then transporting it to the US was, i believe, the limiting factor...

bmwade
July 12th, 2012, 01:18
I assume it wouldn't be horribly difficult...it's designed to fit in that space! I would love to do this!! Probably be considerably easier in a S6 as its a similar engine! But if you are serious about doing this you have to do an avant!!

speedtrapped
July 12th, 2012, 17:08
U still looking for the holy grail?? Lol, buy my complete engine, cheap(as I am not going to do monster build).... Have pat from redline speedworx build it to a 800 HP beast, loba cams, gt30 turbos, compression lowering head gasket, duel fuel pumps, ID 850 injectors, tony at EPL custom tune, yadayada....yes I am shilling for my engine, but considering what I would sell my engine for, and another $12k in work, it will be a gumpertesque beast.
Crack is wack and I am selling a giant rock.

SteveKen
July 12th, 2012, 17:17
US S6's are getting down into the high $20s so this is a very bad price for this motor without any details on it.

I don't see any turbos, manifolds, harness, etc. and sourcing them woudl be horrifically expensive.

nistah
July 3rd, 2013, 05:53
U still looking for the holy grail?? Lol, buy my complete engine, cheap(as I am not going to do monster build).... Have pat from redline speedworx build it to a 800 HP beast, loba cams, gt30 turbos, compression lowering head gasket, duel fuel pumps, ID 850 injectors, tony at EPL custom tune, yadayada....yes I am shilling for my engine, but considering what I would sell my engine for, and another $12k in work, it will be a gumpertesque beast.
Crack is wack and I am selling a giant rock.
What are you asking for your engine? LOL

4everRS
July 3rd, 2013, 13:27
I think he sold it several months ago.

speedtrapped
July 4th, 2013, 02:43
Yes, engine was sold to an Aussie. Shipped about 4 months ago. Beating heart in OZ. I miss the beast, dumped the 996. Down to cts-v wagon.....

bmwade
July 4th, 2013, 03:42
Yes, engine was sold to an Aussie. Shipped about 4 months ago. Beating heart in OZ. I miss the beast, dumped the 996. Down to cts-v wagon.....

Good man for buying the hoontastic swagerwagon! 6spd I hope!

speedtrapped
July 4th, 2013, 14:36
I love the Vagon, but I am 6-4" and barely fit in the cockpit. The car is fast, and infinitely tunable, there are guys ...ie Henessey (wagon) that make 1000hp+, but even in my current iteration the car chugs gas, albeit I am lead footed. I average 11 mpg. It's leased, I have 12 months left and not sure where I go to after.