PDA

View Full Version : Adios S6

rs6w
October 25th, 2003, 06:05
Hello RS6!

Picked up my car today! After what seemed like a long wait my Daytona Gray RS6 is now sitting in my garage.

Some quick notes....

Steering feel has more weight to it than the S6. I was plesantly surprised by the silver interior. It is not nearly as 'bright' as what I had in my old S4. It is really nicely done. That was one of my big worries.

As an long time Audi driver it is different having the numbers in the instrument cluster in white instead of red.

The exhaust note is as my son puts it: "a religious experience." And yes this is the sound enhancing exhaust.

And yes you can shift with the paddles without putting it in the tiptronic gate. You can't slap the shifter from D to S, which I got used to in the S6.

I'll end up putting on 250 miles tomorrow so I'll have some more impressions.

And I already got a thumbs up from an A4 driver. Who said these things are stealthy.

LMGotts
October 25th, 2003, 07:24
Very cool Randy. Where did the S6 end up?

Break it in quickly so that I can come down there see what this RS 6 biz is all about! Congrats again, and...don't forget the pictures. :) Love to hear more (I think) of your detailed impressions about what it's like to drive it vs. the S6...power, handling, etc.

What the heck does that thing weigh anyway? Can't go from D to S? Can you activate TIP at any time with the paddles (even while in D)?

rs6w
October 25th, 2003, 07:39
I traded the S6. Got a reasonable trade so I'm cool with that. I didn't push real hard on selling it my self.

By getting the RS6 tonight I can put ~250-300 miles on it tomorrow. That will leave me with 3 more weeks roughly to get out of the breakin period ( or 2 weeks to get past 600 miles ).

Weight, I'll have to check. It's late...

Shifting with the paddles you can do at ANY time. Even if in D. I'll play with it tomorrow and let you know if it's any different than the S6. This is probably a good thing.

You have to press the button in order to go from D to S. That kind of bums me out since I could do it in the S6. Yes I did drive the S6 in D mode in the neighborhoods....

I'll get some pictures this weekend. :D

krm
October 25th, 2003, 08:57
Congratulations on your DG RS6! Enjoy it well. :incar:

Bauer
October 25th, 2003, 16:48
rs6w,

CONGRATS!!!! I look forward to hearing more of your impression of the car and of coures pics:cheers: . Everytime I get in mine I love even more with 5200 miles on it, I still get a grin ear to ear.

Last night came home from the city to lafayette after droping my wife of at the airport and when I hit the tunnel........I rolled the window down and opened the sunroof and FLOORED it. Your son lables it correctly, it is a religous experience. The sound is addictive:D :D

Ernesto (ERT)
October 25th, 2003, 17:08
Randy-

Congrats nice to hear that it's 'home'. Post some pics when you get a chance. Enjoy it, and here's to you restraining the first 1000 by the breakin commandments.

Cheers-
Ernesto

p.s. We have a colleague in common (Mike P @ Merc) and he was telling me yesterday about how you were tempting him with your S6 a couple of weeks ago. Looks like he's going the A8 route..... I'm sure he'll find any excuse to get a ride in the R now.

Benman
October 25th, 2003, 18:42
Originally posted by krm
Congratulations on your DG RS6! Enjoy it well. :incar:
Ditto. The more miles you put on the Beast the more you'll love it!
:cheers:

Ben:addict:

rs6w
October 26th, 2003, 04:07
we used to work for the same company. I would have sold it to him but his price and mine were too far apart.

(You guys work at the same place?)

rs6w
October 26th, 2003, 04:09
Originally posted by Bauer
rs6w,

Last night came home from the city to lafayette after droping my wife of at the airport and when I hit the tunnel........I rolled the window down and opened the sunroof and FLOORED it. Your son lables it correctly, it is a religous experience. The sound is addictive:D :D

Oh I know.... :devil:

Did the same thing tonight. (well I didn't floor it... Still have 260 miles to go before I can start winding it up a little bit...)

Ernesto (ERT)
October 26th, 2003, 04:32
Originally posted by rs6w
we used to work for the same company. I would have sold it to him but his price and mine were too far apart.

(You guys work at the same place?)

Yup we're both at Merc. We spent sometime on Friday looking at A8's online, got him excited on the used S8 idea until we saw the prices. I think he's set on a 2000-2002 A8, going to send him to my dealer (Ernst @ Diablo in Concord) to see if he can set him up.

Enjoy the RS6- plenty of nice roads to take on the way to Monterey (Uvas) and in the East Bay.

Cheers-
Ernesto