PDA

View Full Version : heat wave - how much slower are we?

kismetcapitan
July 9th, 2012, 23:17
most of us have been going through this absolutely ridiculous hot weather.

so via your butt dyno, how much slower do you feel your car is these days?

marklar182
July 10th, 2012, 00:29
Why drive hard? The car is heat soaked before I even start it!

Patrick Godfrey
July 10th, 2012, 00:36
We had a high of 63, and last night I had the furnace on. So the car is running just fine in these temps.

makaveli42
July 10th, 2012, 01:09
Console temp said 110 the other day, car felt a lil sluggish and I had the AC on full blast too

ben916
July 10th, 2012, 03:32
well, summer in Seattle is QUITE different from summer in San Diego/Spring Valley = 20-30 degrees difference in F
I gained HP moving to the PNW!!!

Bigglezworth
July 10th, 2012, 05:27
It was 112F today in Calgary. Car was a DOG.

kismetcapitan
July 10th, 2012, 07:16
112 in Calgary?? Dear lord, that is insane.

I'd say my car has lost a bit of its crispness, but still packs sufficient punch. I'm starting to seriously consider meth injection to help the intercoolers out.

The other day, it was so hot in Nashville, that while riding my Ducati, it got HOTTER the faster I rode (for those who ride, you know that it always cools down once you're at highway speed). I've never experienced that before - like being blasted with the air from a furnace. Ride plans were immediately aborted...

Bigglezworth
July 10th, 2012, 14:19
112 in Calgary?? Dear lord, that is insane.I should clarify. The dash was reading 112F. That is impossible in Calgary, but it was 92-94F actual air temp which is toasty for us. Uncertain where the external temperature is pulled from for our cars, but there is obviously some error that occurs with either direct sun or engine bay temps affecting the sensor.

lswing
July 10th, 2012, 16:27
On my country drive this weekend, about 60 F in the morning, my AIT's were 60-70 C cruising, got as low as 38 C under full boost thanks to the spray....I'll have to post some numbers, but awesome to see the air post turbos only 45 F above ambient and getting cooler as boost goes up! Was 85 F later in the day and the car was still very strong!

kismetcapitan
July 10th, 2012, 23:22
We had a high of 63, and last night I had the furnace on. So the car is running just fine in these temps.

that is the one thing I miss about the Bay Area; having to wear a jacket in August. I lived in the Peninsula though, so it was a bit warmer when I got home.

but I don't think the CHP will permit me to move back there, and spirited driving plus DWA (driving while asian), I don't miss that for a second.

Amulet-S6
July 11th, 2012, 00:28
Tooling around town last Friday my dash read between 117 and 121 (started getting nervous) dropped to 109 once I hit the highway. Ambient temp was 107. It's been a bit toasty the past couple weeks in Kansas. Add our humidity and it makes for some hot rounds of golf!

Keep Smiling, Jim