PDA

View Full Version : Any idea on how much boost psi your tune is running?

makaveli42
July 8th, 2012, 19:31
I've been researching all the tunes on this forum and I think im finally gonna commit to Viper ecu/tcu.
My car had been eurocharged but got reflashed over by Audi during the timing belt surgery, and even tho my car was the 3rd RS6 that Jerry at eurocharge ever tuned and the previous owner knows him....he wont reflash it without a receipt and says he doesnt have a record of my VIN?

That being said, Richard from Viper said his tune with run about 14.5 psi of boost. That doesnt seem like a whole lot? I thought there was a few on here with upwards of 20psi with a tune? Revo will not answer my e-mails or phone calls so idk anything about their tune really?(price and boost psi)

Also, those with Viper tune...do you have the stage 1 or a custom map?

repda503
July 8th, 2012, 19:53
I would like to know what psi people run as well. When I spoke to REVO in the winter they quoted me $600-$700 for stage 1. I'm thinking about getting REVO tune soon. Anyone with REVO tunes have input on psi levels?

marklar182
July 8th, 2012, 22:33
My EC is 14psi

johnnie27
July 9th, 2012, 00:22
my APR secondary cat delete map is holding max 15 psi all the way thru

Elevens
July 9th, 2012, 01:40
Mine is running around 15 psi max boost. Rich over at Viper Tuning is a master at this. Its not all about boost. Fueling and timing is critical in this game. I can only speak for myself, the Viper Tune with a cat delete is a bad ass Tune.

makaveli42
July 9th, 2012, 02:08
Mine is running around 15 psi max boost. Rich over at Viper Tuning is a master at this. Its not all about boost. Fueling and timing is critical in this game. I can only speak for myself, the Viper Tune with a cat delete is a bad ass Tune.

Glad to hear that....makes me feel good about doing a Viper tune then. Any reason u went with the MTM tcu and not Vipers?

johnnie27
July 9th, 2012, 02:53

yes i too have been speaking with Rich at Viper ...thinking of going with his tune...as his data looks real good!

hahnmgh63
July 9th, 2012, 04:23
The only reason they aren't doing the Viper TCU is that you have to send your TCU to Viper to have the chip done and it is a long way. With the MTM you go with Hoppen or the place in Canada. VIper can send you a loading tool to do the ECU flash as can Eurocharged. The Revo tune I am running is set at 15psi but in order to run the Revo this high or higher it has to be tweaked as the plain Revo tune will run a little lean a pull the timing. I was able to tweak mine good but I'm going with Eurocharged as I need a custom tune since I am Catless and have removed the Secondary Air Injection system.

Elevens
July 9th, 2012, 04:36
Glad to hear that....makes me feel good about doing a Viper tune then. Any reason u went with the MTM tcu and not Vipers?

Well I originally had An MTM tune which came with the MTM TCU upgrade also. I happen to have the Viper TCU chip also, I just don't have the Balls at this time to Unsolder the MTM chip and replace it with the Viper chip for fear of ruining my TCU. And besides the MTM TCU tune is pretty good. But I will eventually replace the MTM chip with the Viper chip, this is because Pat (V8weight) had the MTM TCU chip also and had replaced it with Vipers and much preferred the way it shifted, and pat's word goes a long way with me. I have been with the MTM TCU chip for quite a while now and have no complaints, but when I do replace it with the Viper chip I will give my opinions on its performance.........

makaveli42
July 9th, 2012, 04:40
Gotchya... Yeah I'm going to mail my ECU and TCU to Viper. Viper can do a catless custom tune as well. I wanted to go with Euricharged but haven't felt much love from them, so they aren't getting my business.:hey:

Plus Viper has left foot braking, Jerry told me he doesn't have a way to do that.

lswing
July 9th, 2012, 16:42
REVO, 15-16 psi, extra fuel under load, timing adjusted, similar setup to hahn (thanks, I owe you!), w/m helps too. Running excellent even in the heat!

Going to say 19-20 psi you're maxing out the ko4 turbos, creating too much torque down low which is tougher on the trans but feels fun, and the top end tapers off because you've over spun by 5k. Mine was set close to that at one point and the performance through the power-band is much better now.

Have fun, it's a helluva ride!

kismetcapitan
July 9th, 2012, 23:15
I remember when I was overboosting my Skyline. No extra horsepower but the torque hit was a lot of fun. When I went down to 26psi (down from 30psi), it was a lot more drivable and objectively faster....but less of that "hit".

I have the Dash Command iPhone app and a GoPoint OBDII bluetooth dongle. I think it gave me a reading of 28psi. So if my Eurocharged tune is 14psi, that makes sense as that means the OBDII is reporting absolute pressure.

I got the EC Stage 2 flash; was hoping it'd be pushing a little more than 14psi but it's fine as is.

Bigglezworth
July 10th, 2012, 00:03
My one off tune max's out at a tad more than 18psi @ 3800rpm. Can't really do any more with stock cams, stock injectors, and stock turbo's.

makaveli42
July 10th, 2012, 01:12
Stock is 9 right?

lswing
July 10th, 2012, 02:40
8-9 I believe...and if you get the revo tune I would recommend fine tuning it...

makaveli42
July 10th, 2012, 03:04
8-9 I believe...and if you get the revo tune I would recommend fine tuning it...

Shipping the ECU & TCU to Viper later this week.

kismetcapitan
July 10th, 2012, 07:19
My one off tune max's out at a tad more than 18psi @ 3800rpm. Can't really do any more with stock cams, stock injectors, and stock turbo's.

well, that explains how quick your car is :) 4psi more can make a difference!

makaveli42
July 10th, 2012, 14:15
well, that explains how quick your car is :) 4psi more can make a difference!

+1

But I could of swore a few people on here are running 23-25psi. Which would be INSaNe!:revs:

colton14
July 10th, 2012, 15:20
Can anyone give me the contact info for viper as I am also interested in this tune. Also prices? Thanks

makaveli42
July 10th, 2012, 15:54
Can anyone give me the contact info for viper as I am also interested in this tune. Also prices? Thanks

rich@vipertuning.com

ECU and TCU for me is 450GBP which us about $700. That includes shipping back to you, you just have to pay to have them shipped to them. They can customize a tube for you as well but the prices differ depending in how custom you want. In gettibg the regular tube with rear o2 and cat delete. Price depends on where you r located at as well since he ships it back to ya.

Bigglezworth
July 10th, 2012, 15:55
But I could of swore a few people on here are running 23-25psi. Which would be INSaNe!:revs:Likely is, but not on stock turbos/injectors/exhaust....

colton14
July 10th, 2012, 21:14
Ok thank you for the reply!

lswing
July 10th, 2012, 21:29
Ok thank you for the reply!

Remove Spammer?

ben916
July 11th, 2012, 00:26
I know there are some in the UK that are running rather high numbers (MRC tuned)