PDA

View Full Version : Georgia 1/2 Mile Shootout

twinsteve
July 3rd, 2012, 22:34
I have no affiliation with the promoters of this event....just passing along....I just registered....think there are about 15 of the 100 slots still available

http://www.wannagofast.com/clayton.php

lswing
July 3rd, 2012, 23:31
Looks like a blast, get a camera on if you can and have fun! Looking forward to a report...

What are you running, or stock?

twinsteve
July 3rd, 2012, 23:44
Stock ....for now....this thing isn't until Sept so it may be all the extra motivation I get on the mod train

Any idea what I could expect over 1/2 mile run stock? More around top speed vs. time ....

ben916
July 3rd, 2012, 23:50
Stock ....for now....this thing isn't until Sept so it may be all the extra motivation I get on the mod train

Any idea what I could expect over 1/2 mile run stock? More around top speed vs. time ....

Well APR is have a sale right now until Aug!
$2600 for everything versus $2900...

lswing
July 3rd, 2012, 23:56
Cool, get a nice tune on there and let 'er rip! APR seems to be top dog, but damn that's a price tag....wait on one sec while I get my fire suit on....the REVO tune has a lot of bang for the buck, just run it on the less aggressive side unless you have time to fine tune the fuel map...

Here are some numbers for reference....

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24503-What-s-your-1-4-Mile-time

twinsteve
July 4th, 2012, 01:43
Cool, get a nice tune on there and let 'er rip! APR seems to be top dog, but damn that's a price tag....wait on one sec while I get my fire suit on....the REVO tune has a lot of bang for the buck, just run it on the less aggressive side unless you have time to fine tune the fuel map...

Here are some numbers for reference....

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24503-What-s-your-1-4-Mile-time

thx...anyone have any 1/2 mile times?

bmwade
July 4th, 2012, 03:59
I've actually been thinking I may go to carrabell since its close to home...

kismetcapitan
July 4th, 2012, 05:40
wait. 4.5 hours from Nashville. I think I'm going to do this.

Tom Sawyer
July 4th, 2012, 17:37
wait. 4.5 hours from Nashville. I think I'm going to do this.

Have to agree, very tempting... should be fairly cool in September too. The RS is not enjoying this 100+ degree weather in Nashville.

kismetcapitan
July 5th, 2012, 07:46
true. I gave up running at Music City Raceway until September at least - there's just no way I can get decent times with air this hot. I'm in DC on business, and it sucks just as bad here. All I care about now is how strong the A/C is.

If you're seriously thinking about it, we could caravan down to GA together....

twinsteve
July 5th, 2012, 11:52
true. I gave up running at Music City Raceway until September at least - there's just no way I can get decent times with air this hot. I'm in DC on business, and it sucks just as bad here. All I care about now is how strong the A/C is.

If you are thinking of coming, take note of 6:45am start time Sat morning....it's 90 mins northeast of ATL, so I am booking a hotel room up in Clayton for Fri night

Tom Sawyer
July 5th, 2012, 19:57

That would be cool; will have to see what the wife thinks... if there are some other attractions that interest her (because I know this one would not) might be able to swing it. :)

Would be nice if this were a little longer than 1/2 mile though... I'd like about 5 miles, see what 170 feels like. :hahahehe:

marklar182
July 5th, 2012, 21:06
Pretty sure Safe4now saw 170 at the Texas Mile so no need for a 5mile straight.

Tom Sawyer
July 5th, 2012, 23:45
Pretty sure Safe4now saw 170 at the Texas Mile so no need for a 5mile straight.

170 in a mile. That is impressive in anyone's book!

marklar182
July 6th, 2012, 00:26
Correction, 165.5mph

kismetcapitan
July 6th, 2012, 03:31
I wonder if cracking 150mph could be done in half a mile. I suppose there's only one way to find out :)

4everRS
July 6th, 2012, 04:14
I wonder if cracking 150mph could be done in half a mile. I suppose there's only one way to find out :)

I bet it'd be pretty close.

I have yet to see 170. I have seen mid 160's a couple times. Many thoughts go through your mind. Like tire integrity.

twinsteve
July 6th, 2012, 04:17

I have yet to see 170. I have seen mid 160's a couple times. Many thoughts go through your mind. Like tire integrity.

150 is my goal

bmwade
July 6th, 2012, 13:54

me too, only my mind was singularly focused on the road ahead(but i was running on basically brand new rims/tires)

JSRS6
July 7th, 2012, 12:12
I saw mid 160's on its inaugural trip(with me in it anyway) from chicago after i picked her up a couple years ago. She still felt rock solid with room to accelerate...

4everRS
July 7th, 2012, 13:31
I saw mid 160's on its inaugural trip(with me in it anyway) from chicago after i picked her up a couple years ago. She still felt rock solid with room to accelerate...

Oh ya. Plenty of room. I have honestly just gotten scared.

#tailbetweenlegs

ben916
July 7th, 2012, 19:51
I saw 160 on the way to the first R8 event in Laguna Hills with John in his car....
Kinda scary, I wanted to lift the entire time and what is more scary is that his Michelin A/S tire let go about 3 months later...

twinsteve
July 7th, 2012, 20:13
I saw 160 on the way to the first R8 event in Laguna Hills with John in his car....
Kinda scary, I wanted to lift the entire time and what is more scary is that his Michelin A/S tire let go about 3 months later...

And that is why, among other reasons, I am putting on new set of PSS before the event :applause:

kismetcapitan
July 8th, 2012, 02:17
all depends on context. When I ran down and passed a WRX STi (presumably modified, judging from its acceleration and visible mods), I was well over 160 indicated by the time the red mist had cleared and I had put him behind me. I only noticed the speed once I had lifted off and eased into the brakes. I had only one singular thought - that I was gaining on that white STi, and that I was going to beat him. No room for thoughts of tires, cops, whatever.

But just you, the car, and an empty highway or runway...a lot of thoughts will enter your mind and it will be hard to keep the throttle pinned.

lswing
July 9th, 2012, 17:24
Had a nice drive with/against my brothers supercharged M5, lots of speed, and with the other car to distract, didn't see the speedo a lot, things went by fast:) Not enough space for top speeds, another day, another location with open roads...

kismetcapitan
July 9th, 2012, 23:09
I just met a guy with a beautiful E39 supercharged M5 - he dynoed at 500hp at the wheels. As long as he didn't have wheelspin, that would beat me, no question. Super nice guy though, and was under the impression that the RS6 would leave him in the dust...??? I had to correct him, and let him know that he could lay the smackdown on quite a few cars!

lswing
July 9th, 2012, 23:21
Nice! The one I was driving yesterday is a black E60, sport springs, around 620 at the engine we think. Hasn't been on a dyno yet, and yep the problem is traction. We've yet to race, but our thought is that my rs6 will take it to 80, then the m5 gets all the rest, big time top end on that v10!