PDA

View Full Version : Recommended dry/wet performance tire?

lswing
June 24th, 2012, 18:09
I've seen plenty of notes about the Michelin PS2's, a few people have liked some Hankooks, Nitto's?. Don't need the top dog, but close is always good:) Looking for good on dry and equally good on wet since we get about two months of dry. I've got a dedicated winter set already.

PS; It's great that FOX sports has been covering F1, about time!

Thanks!

Tom Sawyer
June 24th, 2012, 19:46
FWIW, a nail recently forced my hand into sticking with the stock 18's and just getting new rubber. I decided to go with the new Toyo Proxes 4 Plus, ~900 out the door and they ride great, handling is a nice improvement over my DWS Conti's (of course which were quite worn so not apples to apples). I'm sure they are not some folks favorites, but for needing to make a move quickly and abandon hope for 19's for this round, I'm good with them. These Plus's are a new model and are supposed to be high performance 'all weather' tire. I'm happy to post a pic or two of them on the RS if you're wondering how they look.

JSRS6
June 25th, 2012, 08:50
Stock size, lswing? 884 to your door for Michelin Pilot Supersports....they are the top dog :hihi:

Chung
June 25th, 2012, 16:56
I use Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. It was the only tire they had that fit with short notice but I like them. I am not a crazy performance driver though.

lswing
June 25th, 2012, 19:17
Yep, stock, awesome, let me get some $$ together and I'll get a PM your way, thanks!

ben916
June 26th, 2012, 07:22
DO NOT get the Kooks' for the wet as they hydroplane at 60mph while driving in a straight line on a major highway with no visible puddle or stream AND grooved highway to assist in removing rain from the surface of the highway - Ask me when you come up from 'Gene @ Feierabend one of these times...

Super Sports or the Pilot A/S...

Amulet-S6
June 26th, 2012, 16:57
DO NOT get the Kooks' for the wet as they hydroplane at 60mph while driving in a straight line on a major highway with no visible puddle or stream AND grooved highway to assist in removing rain from the surface of the highway - Ask me when you come up from 'Gene @ Feierabend one of these times...

Super Sports or the Pilot A/S...

Ben, Could you clarify your position on the "kooks", not quite sure if you like the wet handling
!? :)

formula1man
June 28th, 2012, 19:55
I like the Michelin S/S as well, the A/S are allright, depending if you want all around performance for all seasons, or cornering ability when you have mostly dry conditions.

lswing
June 28th, 2012, 20:01
Just looking for spring/summer/fall with great dry and equal wet, sounds like the super sport is the way to go, reviews look great. Got the Hakka's for winter, and they are amazing!

ben916
June 28th, 2012, 21:51
I picked up a set of OEM 9 spokes from Wade (thank you very much!) and will be getting some Blizzacks on those for winter in the PNW and some skiing, then PSS for the summer...

lswing
June 28th, 2012, 22:14
I picked up a set of OEM 9 spokes from Wade (thank you very much!) and will be getting some Blizzacks on those for winter in the PNW and some skiing, then PSS for the summer...

Sahweet! Running the Hakka R's on stocks for winter, saving for the PSS's....:revs:

My summer Hartmann's...not...easy...to...clean...although a good dose of Simple Green before they get nasty has been helping!