PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS4 history and current car

trev0006
June 21st, 2012, 16:53
Audi RS4 history and current car (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-12/06-21-12page-Audi-RS4-history-and-current-car.htm)

Chris Hariss drive's the new Audi RS4, try the original B5, the amazing B7 and then match the latest version against the 6.2 litre Mercedes C63.

JavierNuvolari
June 22nd, 2012, 14:57
I love CH's reviews, however I feel NOTHING for this gen RS 4...for me, the pinnacle of the RS 4 trim was the B7...they should've gone back to turbos with the B8. B5 RS 5 is my weapon of choice, Turbocharged, Cosworth tuned engine, mechanical gearbox, loads of space and agressive but traditional looks.

Saludos!

tailpipe
June 22nd, 2012, 23:17
Yes, Javier, I know what you mean.

I think the new RS4 is very good looking and goes well. I was a bit disappointed that it didn't get a V8 bi-turbo, but then there's always the S6.

I can't make up my mind which is better: the B7 RS4, the B8 S4, the B8 RS4 or the C7 S6. You get an S4 for £42K all in and an S6 for around £62K all in. That's a big differential. Frankly, I'm happy with the RS3.

Joker
June 25th, 2012, 11:43
I priced each and specced to how I would want each the S4Avant works out at £46K, RS4 at £59k and the S6Avant at £58k. If you don't need the space the all out pace then the S4 is perfect but if you do then I would bypass the RS4 and go straight to the S6, better engine choice IMHO and more space and comfort.

Ruergard
June 25th, 2012, 14:05
I like the looks of the new car, and as a allrounder it is one hell of an package. But as Javier and Tailpipe wrote above, I don't feel for it... So can I have that yellow B5 please?

AndyBG
June 25th, 2012, 16:54
I really like Chrie H's reviews... Alltough, I havn't had chance to drive B8 RS 4 and several times behind the wheel of C 63 AMG, somehow I think he's wright and that Audi, after FANTASTIC job with B7 RS 4, kinda lost it self in RS field with not so focused and little bit pointless C6 RS 6, RS 5 and this B8 RS 4.
I'm now eger to see how will they manage with upcoming C7 RS 6 "returning" it to its roots with V8 bi-turbo and will they be able to once again make "mighty four" out of future RS 4 that will be defenetly powered with forced induction V6 like the original B5 RS 4 was...