PDA

View Full Version : 22k rs6 in south CA

yagey
June 19th, 2012, 02:01
not many details yet.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=94501&endYear=2013&modelCode1=RS6&startYear=1981&makeCode1=AUDI&listingType=used&incremental=last_searched-1339819200000&searchRadius=0&listingId=324238265&Log=0

http://pacific.porschedealer.com/preowned/Audi/Rs6+4dr+Sdn+4.2l+Quattro+Awd/2003/GREY/grey/838824/info.php

Dmb408
June 21st, 2012, 18:03
I have service questions out on it.

s42ski
June 22nd, 2012, 14:07
Its around the corner from me - where I get service performed

Dmb408
June 22nd, 2012, 16:02
The asking price kind of peeves me. All of a sudden (dealers think they can ask like $3-4K more than they were months ago). The guys below started it (link) and then the other low mileage one in california, that i think moved dealerhships selling it. I just can't even bid on cars in California though because I'll always pay more and have to ship it (to Chicago). It's annoying because I think I finally have the wife on board for a frivolous extra car. But one of the low mile ones in Cali, they overpaid at auction, as I am looking at the number right now, so that one is never coming down in price.

http://auto-europe-sales.ebizautos.com/webdetail.aspx?iid=8623575

Amulet-S6
June 22nd, 2012, 23:05
As you're aware, asking and getting are different matters. I'll be surprised if they get $28k, Jim

Stephencl
June 23rd, 2012, 03:43
As you're aware, asking and getting are different matters. I'll be surprised if they get $28k, Jim

I am 100% sure they will get more than 28K for it. My guess is they are in it for closer to 30. It will and should bring low 30's.

If you found an E39 2003 M5 with 22K miles it would go in the high 30's all day long..

The more rare this low mileage becomes for these cars, the higher the price will go, its a simple supply and demand question.

Although the front bumper has been painted and refitted poorly....they will need to address that IMHO.

Stephen

nyc123
June 28th, 2012, 20:40
I am potentially interested in this car. If anybody has seen it in person or knows the owner/history I would love to hear about the condition of it as I can no see it in person.
Thanks in advance

QuattroRS
June 29th, 2012, 15:33
Yeah the dealers are all crooks. Car is only worth xyz...abc.

If your in the market bid if not then I guess it does not matter. But just remember to scan the ads and see how many 22k mile RS6s from a pristine climate are avail right now.

Maybe a 07 A4 sedan is more your budget if you need to spend in the 20s.

mmaturo
July 4th, 2012, 05:24
I am 100% sure they will get more than 28K for it. My guess is they are in it for closer to 30. It will and should bring low 30's.

If you found an E39 2003 M5 with 22K miles it would go in the high 30's all day long..

The more rare this low mileage becomes for these cars, the higher the price will go, its a simple supply and demand question.

Although the front bumper has been painted and refitted poorly....they will need to address that IMHO.

Stephen

Friend of mine just bought perfect 03 M5 with 39K on it for well under 20. Having owned an RS6 the demand part is the problem of the equation when these things are $,$$$ to run/maintain with big ticket items that break and well documented and easy to find issues with internet research. No way in hell would I pay any where near 30K for an RS6 at this point regardless of mileage. Loved every second of owning it and would love to have one still if i thought it would last. But yes compared to 85K RS6s hovering in the 23 to 24 range the car should be near 30...the bumper would bug me though...for the money the car better be mint. That bumper may indicate a tranny tear down as my front never looked right after a few engine drops till a body shop spent some good time on it to straighten it where the techs didn't do a good job.

bmwade
July 4th, 2012, 16:22
The asking price kind of peeves me. All of a sudden (dealers think they can ask like $3-4K more than they were months ago). The guys below started it (link) and then the other low mileage one in california, that i think moved dealerhships selling it. I just can't even bid on cars in California though because I'll always pay more and have to ship it (to Chicago). It's annoying because I think I finally have the wife on board for a frivolous extra car. But one of the low mile ones in Cali, they overpaid at auction, as I am looking at the number right now, so that one is never coming down in price.

http://auto-europe-sales.ebizautos.com/webdetail.aspx?iid=8623575

Dealers are paying low 30's for these. There is one with 37k miles in PA and they paid 31,900 at auction, I was bidding against them through a dealer friend of mine but we were bidding online I missed it.

mmaturo
July 4th, 2012, 17:25
Crazy...I guess they want to raise the bottom line in the service department as they know how much reimbursement they had rolling in off warranty claims. Wish they would have valued the cars more back when they were 3 to 6 years old but whatever. You could trade these damn things in back in the day as they did not want them at all. Prices are inching back up as 1 1/2 years after I got rid of mine the cars are listed 1 to 2K higher than they were then which is good for you guys.