PDA

View Full Version : Boost leak confirmed today

AvusRS6
October 24th, 2003, 02:57
Well after doing "test drives" with my tech and back to the dealer to clear out faults, etc. we have confirmed that my baby has a boost leak and the MAF needs to be replaced.

On the test drive, 2 techs went with us and they had a computer plugged in as they were driving and the nM figure was sparadic...on 1 test it was at only 303lbs of TQ and one other test it hit 424lbs of TQ at that point they said "ok your car needs to be checked out further".

So, we're waiting for parts to come from Canada or Germany (I couldn't understand Canada since I thought they were getting none of the RS6s).

Will update as things progress.

Benman
October 24th, 2003, 04:56
Sorry to hear about the problem. Did the dealer say if it was at all related to the chip?

AvusRS6
October 24th, 2003, 05:22
Originally posted by Benman
Sorry to hear about the problem. Did the dealer say if it was at all related to the chip?

They don't think so, so I guess that's a good thing. Plus my dealer is very "mod" friendly.

Bauer
October 24th, 2003, 05:28
Sorry too hear of the problems....sounds like they should have it sorted out for you though.

One thing about increasing the boost on a turbo car is that the increase pressure can cause seals and hoses to fail becasue they are being pushed. It has never happened on any of my modifed cars but my mechanic friend has seen the problem on modified cars he has worked on.:cheers:

gjg
October 26th, 2003, 10:10
you can get reinforced hoses for RS6 from MTM (or Hopped in US).

It looks like they may be one of very few tuners with some experience when it comes to air pressure related problems....