PDA

View Full Version : MTM TCU Program Question...

Aronis
June 18th, 2012, 00:42
Just a quick question for those with MTM TCU program.

Did you find that with the MTM program the transmission shifts at a lower RPM in "D" than did the stock program?

I have just put a few miles on my car since service, not yet driven it aggressively, but noticed it definitely shifts at lower RPMS in drive while in "S" it shifts at the usual 4k rpm.

Mike

mik15
June 18th, 2012, 09:36
i thought the idea was to shift at higher RPM when in D, this is how it would prevent the prolonged slippage and therefore help the TC...

Mr. Rictus
June 18th, 2012, 13:31
Where'd you get the TCU flashed?

Justin9212
June 18th, 2012, 14:26
I'm not sure I fully grasp what you are asking here. In any transmission program stock, or MTM, the car will shift earlier while in "D" than in "S".

Hy Octane
June 18th, 2012, 17:33
Mike. Just a thought.. maybe nothing.. Did you reset the ECU when the TCU was MTM'd? They do speak to each other and its possible the ECU needs a reboot to see it..??

Aronis
June 18th, 2012, 21:54
Thanks all.

Mr. Rictus, The TCU was modified by Horchaus in Montreal.

Hy Octane, I did not do any ECU reset, but my car was in for service for 30 days and during that period the battery was disconnected, so I think a reset would have happened.

When they replaced my TCU last year with a brand new one after a water issue, I did not notice any change in function.

I have not driven the car aggressively, but noticed that the transmission does shift earlier. In fact the mechanic specifically commented on that change. I thought that the TCU learns from your driving habits and that in time it will shift like before, but I did not go through such a learning period after the brand new TCU was installed.

Justin9212, the TCU has the MTM program in it now and with that program while in "D" the car shifts at lower RPMS than with the original TCU stock program.

Thanks,

Mike

Shoppinit
June 21st, 2012, 12:33
My MTM TCU has exactly the same behaviour in D as before.

When I spoke to hoppen they told me that they didn't touch the D program at all.

Of course, that might have changed since. Was a couple of years ago.

Aronis
June 23rd, 2012, 03:15
It seems back to normal after driving a bit.

I'm still taking it easy since service. I'll step things up this weekend. Trauma call sometimes requires so high speeds!

Mike