PDA

View Full Version : My RS6 is back on the road...all is well

Aronis
June 15th, 2012, 16:52
I just picked up my car yesterday after service.

Timing Belt, Waterpump, thermostat, all wheels and guides, new plugs, oil change, coolant wash out, new driver's side intercooler, replaced passenger side lower coolant hose, cam seals, valve cover gaskets and all spark plug site seals, adjust one side of exhaust, and MTM TCU Chip.

Everything is perfect so far. Thank you Jeff G. and Leon J. at Gault Audi.

I have not driven it aggressively yet but after a few hundred miles I will.

The intercooler leaking sound is gone LOL....

MTM TCU chip - shifts are quicker, seems to hold shifts to higher RPMs in regular drive mode. I will do a more careful evaluation after my new self imposed "break in period."

Jeff is confident he found the source of the chatter I feel in the rear end when accelerating. Tozo can pipe in here. He thinks that the wear pattern in one or all four of the rear CV joint and the fact that I lowered the car with the KWv'3 cause the bearings to ride on the edge of the worn grove in the CV joint. This sounds very plausible, but the drive shafts and CV joints are not loose. The simple test I suppose would be to jack the rear of the car back up. Input?

The cam shafts were very clean, no build up, nothing loose, etc. All the original turbo connecting tubing are fine and clamps also. The one pipe that he replaced was in the cooling system and the clamp toward the front of the car had worn into the tubing, so he recommended changing that tube.

The engine should be good for another 127,000 miles....LOL...

Mike

(Total cost was $4500, with a 15% discount, which I feel was quite fair.)

lswing
June 15th, 2012, 17:59
Glad to hear it, a great mechanic really saves your arse with this car, enjoy the weekend! I've got some more country driving coming up, rally time!

Aronis
June 15th, 2012, 18:40
Iswing, your spare TCU lives on in my car...

lswing
June 15th, 2012, 18:44
"We will rebuild him..."

Let's see, from other cars I've got the TC, Steering Rack, and TCU. Got to keep the beast happy...

Aronis
June 15th, 2012, 18:50
I was planning on a trip to Rochester for an O.CT tune, but that shop, Stratosphere, appears to have closed. Francois in Montreal said I can ship my ECU to him for the MTM upgrade, but I would rather not have the car down for 10 days! So I'll be looking for a drive to site that's not too far from here.

Mike