PDA

View Full Version : warm weather retrofit

yagey
June 9th, 2012, 21:17
Has anyone added the warm weather option to a car that didn't have it from the factory?
I'm assuming most of the wiring is in place, so it's a matter of switching the sunroof, the shade switch, the rear door cards and the rear parcel shelf (plus mechanicals)

ben916
June 9th, 2012, 22:00
and the interior fan connection...

If you find an option to switch on/off the interior fan, please do a write up as there are times when I would rather turn it off...

yagey
June 10th, 2012, 00:07
and the interior fan connection...

If you find an option to switch on/off the interior fan, please do a write up as there are times when I would rather turn it off...

interesting, why is that?
The fan is located in the rear of the arm-rest correct?

ben916
June 10th, 2012, 03:10
interesting, why is that?
The fan is located in the rear of the arm-rest correct?

The fan is in the dashboard and recycles air (hot or cold) in and onto the windshield and side window vents.

Why on/off? Just personal preference...

Tom Sawyer
June 10th, 2012, 21:13
I would think it would be fairly undesirable in cold weather too.

scottmandu
June 14th, 2012, 04:03
By the warm weather package I'm assuming you mean the solar sunroof and the rear door sunshades?

The solar sunroof requires a major dissassembly to install the harnesses and the solar roof panel, as well as the A/C head. The dashboard also has to be removed to run the harness behind it.

The rear window shades require installation of the rear door panels that are made for the shades as well as the clips that hold the shade up.

I'm not sure if the rear sunshad is part of the hot weather package or an option in it's own but it's another very large piece that requires substantial work to fit and wire up.

It's possible to retrofit it but I'm not sure if the cost is worth the effort. You'd also almost need an entire donor car to get the proper parts.

yagey
June 15th, 2012, 15:32
By the warm weather package I'm assuming you mean the solar sunroof and the rear door sunshades?

The solar sunroof requires a major dissassembly to install the harnesses and the solar roof panel, as well as the A/C head. The dashboard also has to be removed to run the harness behind it.

The rear window shades require installation of the rear door panels that are made for the shades as well as the clips that hold the shade up.

I'm not sure if the rear sunshad is part of the hot weather package or an option in it's own but it's another very large piece that requires substantial work to fit and wire up.

It's possible to retrofit it but I'm not sure if the cost is worth the effort. You'd also almost need an entire donor car to get the proper parts.

Just the detail I was looking for, thank you! Definitely does not sound worthwhile to retrofit