PDA

View Full Version : shifter not engaging S gear

Voltguy
June 7th, 2012, 23:10
so i get the car out of the shop and notice the transmission shifter does not engage as you move from park to drive. i need to move all the way to "s" then back to "p" before it will engage to "d". brought it to mechanics attention,but i think he is pissed due to the screw/engine fiasco. today tried to engage into S gear and it would not register on dash. any thoughts..i am starting to fall out of love with this Beast.

TozoM8
June 8th, 2012, 00:58
Water got into the F125 transmission range switch. http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articles/auto_transmission/f125switchreplace.html Yours have a 10 pin connector.

4everRS
June 8th, 2012, 01:26
Tozo. Have you ever replaced just the solenoids in the VB? Do the solenoids in the ZF go bad?

TozoM8
June 8th, 2012, 01:55
Tozo. Have you ever replaced just the solenoids in the VB? Do the solenoids in the ZF go bad?
They hardly ever go bad. Mostly the wiring connector outside of the trans that corrodes.

4everRS
June 8th, 2012, 03:09
They hardly ever go bad. Mostly the wiring connector outside of the trans that corrodes.

Okay. Just wondering. I just helped my brother in law change a solenoid in his Chevy avalanche. It was slipping between gears and the fluid was full and clean. After changing the solenoid and new filter and fluid, the damn thing shifts perfect.

Make any sense?