PDA

View Full Version : 3k service ... I mean $3k service

LIRS6
June 7th, 2012, 21:36
Ok, so I blew a big wad on a 115k service ... timing belt/3 x rollers/tensioners/ribbed belt/water pump/ thermostat/brake fluid change/replacement boot button (on B pillar)/oil+filter of course ..

Call me crazy, but I just love the car, and am not excited with the idea of putting down $80k for an S6 or whatever and seeing the cash drain out of it after one year (i.e. depreciate).

So here I remain - a happy original owner.

Jason

P.S. - Dealer gave me an A4 loaner - nice car, but zzzzzzzzz

johnnie27
June 7th, 2012, 23:30
Ok, so I blew a big wad on a 115k service ... timing belt/3 x rollers/tensioners/ribbed belt/water pump/ thermostat/brake fluid change/replacement boot button (on B pillar)/oil+filter of course ..

Call me crazy, but I just love the car, and am not excited with the idea of putting down $80k for an S6 or whatever and seeing the cash drain out of it after one year (i.e. depreciate).

So here I remain - a happy original owner.

Jason

P.S. - Dealer gave me an A4 loaner - nice car, but zzzzzzzzz

jas, thats great value ..you USA boys are so lucky your country is so bloody cheap..that here would run over 5K...heck even the car second hand is still worth 60-70K for a good one!

johnnie

kismetcapitan
June 7th, 2012, 23:33
did it require pulling the engine? I'm thinking of doing catless downpipes on my next major service, if the whole thing is going to be apart anyways...

4everRS
June 7th, 2012, 23:54
did it require pulling the engine? I'm thinking of doing catless downpipes on my next major service, if the whole thing is going to be apart anyways...
Just the front bumper and lock support.

Tom Sawyer
June 7th, 2012, 23:58

Can we get away with that here? I considered it when my engine was pulled for the TC/75K, but figured inspection might be an issue.

kismetcapitan
June 8th, 2012, 03:56
nope, but that's why my car is registered in Michigan! It's also how I can tint my car as dark as I want :) There's no emissions testing in most counties in TN, just Davidson and other urban counties.

Tom Sawyer
June 8th, 2012, 11:43
nope, but that's why my car is registered in Michigan! It's also how I can tint my car as dark as I want :) There's no emissions testing in most counties in TN, just Davidson and other urban counties.

Ahh, vedy vedy nice! My wife is from Traverse City, I wonder... ;-) Unfortunately, registered in Davidson county so no joy here.

The catless DP's are not bad price wise but the high flow cat versions are $$$.

mrdave
June 8th, 2012, 16:44
That was a dealer cost for all that stuff? Seems like a pretty decent price, actually.

LIRS6
June 8th, 2012, 19:23
That was a dealer cost for all that stuff? Seems like a pretty decent price, actually.

Yes, dealer. Included a 10% discount. Did some inspections etc., n/c. And an Audi loaner, as mentioned above.