PDA

View Full Version : Couple of pics. She rolled over 50K miles last weekend.

alrightroad
June 7th, 2012, 17:44
I'll post up more pics soon.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/allroad/msgs/109549.phtml

ben916
June 8th, 2012, 05:39
nice!!!!

Got a VIN?

alrightroad
June 8th, 2012, 10:13
Thanks, Ben. 905219

Jimmy
June 8th, 2012, 15:23
Looks clean ! VERY nice.

Was it too hard for you to find a OE manual allroad? That's a pretty big job to swap to 6MT. But the 6-speed with Stage 3 will be awesome in your wagon....

alrightroad
June 8th, 2012, 21:05
There are certainly 6MT allroad's out there and they come up from time to time in good shape. Here is my situation. I have owned the allroad since 2004, 2nd owner. Been a great car during all that time. About 2.5 years ago reverse started slipping slightly. If I put considerable torque in reverse the engine just revs and the car barely moves. i.e., I cant back up a steep hill but I can, for example, back over a speed bump. Luckily I live on the coast and it is flat around here. I have been milking reverse and have had no problems where it left me stranded or in a sitaution where it wouldnt move the car. When I started looking at stage 3 obviously the trans was the first point of decision. Since I knew my car history, have worked on it myself since ownership and know everything about it (both good and bad!) then it was natural for me to keep the car and convert to 6MT during stage 3 project. I would much rather keep my car and go through this project than try and find an OEM 6MT allroad in excellent shape. And, OEM 6MT allroad are not cheap. Another key reason to do the 01E swap is the gearing... the allroad OEM 6MT 01E has lower gearing because its considered an 'offroad' car... I'm sure you know this since you own one. The TIP allroads are even worse on the highway... I'm at 3,000 RPM's on the highway going 60 mph. Hello, where did my gas go??! I have an 01E with rear diff from an A6 platform with 'normal' gearing which I much prefer. I dont take the allroad offroad much and its never in a situation where I would want lower gearing.

Here is the current allroad project list. I have 95% of this purchased and in-hand. Couple of small things remain I'm holding out for good price on. Project planned for late summer/early fall.

Engine/Driveline>>>
OEM BW K04's
OEM RS4 inlets
EPL stage 3 fueling kit and tune: Bosch 550cc fuel injectors, OEM RS4 accordion hose, 85mm billet MAF housing
Deatschwerks fuel pump
ER intercoolers - still working on custom air shrouds for allroad
Ported/polished and coated intake manifold
ARD ceramic coated aluminum charge air intake pipes
034 phenolic intake manifold spacers
Ceramic coated exhaust manifolds (wanted tubular style but they are so damn expensive!)
AR Designs 3" stainless downpipes/cats, ceramic coated
MTM cat-back 2.75" exhaust
RS4 motor mounts
034 street density trans mounts
VAST stage 3 ceramic clutch with B7 RS4 pressure plate and OEM dual mass flywheel
A6 01E full trans swap kit with proper allroad front axle cups
allroad specific manual trans front axles (waiting on available cores - Beuhler???)

Braking/Suspension/Chassis>>>
RS6 8 piston Brembo front calipers/rotors
RS6 4 piston TRW rear brake calipers/rotors
Phaeton brake cooling shrouds/ductwork and shields (will use the group buy for fitment then install later)
RS6 vented front wheel well liners
Stainless lines
RS6 aluminum front upright assemblies with hub/bearings
RS6 rear aluminum hub/bearings
RS6 aluminum front subframe
OEM allroad struts all 4 corners (currently have bilstiens/Arnott Gen II and not a fan)
Hotchkis heavy duty mount brackets and new bushings for existing H-sports

Interior>>>
B7 RS4 steering wheel (probably going to not do this but I have the wheel - likely list for sale soon)
C5 S6 sport seats front and rear in showroom condition (yippee!)
allroad rear door cards with integrated pull-up sunshades
S5 gear shift knob and leather boot

Misc>>>
Bulk vacuum line of various sizes (replace brittle 121,000 mile hoses)
Manual trans fluid (regular maintenance)
Rear diff fluid (regular maintenance)
Various engine seals - valve cover gasket/cam end plugs/cam seals/cam chain tensioner gaskets/crank shaft seal/etc (regular maintenance)
Bosch updated auxiliary water pump (regular maintenance)
Lower temp senors for aux water pump to stay on longer after motor off
Full timing belt/rollers/tensioner/water pump kit (regular maintenance)
S4 aluminum thermostat housing upgrade (replace allroad plastic unit)
Oil and filter (regular maintenance)

June 8th, 2012, 22:13
Great pics....gotta love it!

alrightroad
June 9th, 2012, 00:13
Great pics....gotta love it!

Looks alot better with a new alternator.