PDA

View Full Version : Who's selling their 18 x 8.5 ET 30 Nine spoke RS 6 wheels?

carbonLORD
October 23rd, 2003, 21:35
I had a set of new in the box OEM RS 6 wheels I won from an eBay Germany auction for $850 Euro ($975 US) for all 4 wheels, no rubber. Wire transfer was the only accepted method of payment but the account has bounced back the wire, 10 days after I issued it. $40 spent out of my pocket on fees with nothing to show for it but a lot of wasted time translating German to English, and English to German attempting to explain to this seller how Escrow works :argue: to no avail. Needless to say I'm a little pissed :vvangry: about the entire ordeal and thanks to Terrorism, processing a wire is a big pain in the arse now-a-days. I see a few RS 6 owners have changed wheels out and wonder if anyones selling their original 9 spoke set, with or without rubber. Please email me of call 773.991.4057 if you want to discuss. Thanks. cL

Erik
October 23rd, 2003, 21:39
carbonLORD, welcome to RS6.com!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope you get things sorted soon. :cool2:

LMGotts
October 23rd, 2003, 23:05
Hey man, sorry to hear about the mess.

My wheel deal also just fell through - wrong size (only 8" width on the B6/S4, and I want 8.5" min, possibly even 9" for the S6). Lemme know if you're deluged with for-sale offers, I'm looking for some Audi-brand wheels now too. Why didn't you just post your question on AW? :(

I guess this will be the noob thread on RS6.com...two users with only 1 post each!!

BTW, RS6.com is nice, I've lurked here for a while...not posted because it seems pretty much RS 6's only...not much to say about my lowly S6...

-Larry

http://www.digitalfields.com/05doortrim.jpg

Bauer
October 23rd, 2003, 23:39
LMGotts-

Lowly S6? what the hell are you talking about. S cars kick@ss and for that matter Audis kick@ss. I see you live in my neck of the woods, I am in Lafayette over the hill. What year is your S6? I have an (lowly:D) S8 along with the new addition to the Fam...the RS6. Send me a PM maybe we could meet?:cheers:

LMGotts
October 23rd, 2003, 23:59
I used to live in Lafayette...years ago - up on renters-row...Ascot Drive. I now live in Oakland near Rockridge. I'm out on Redwood Rd./Pinehurst a lot...sometimes on-bike, sometimes in-car.

I had a 4.2 before the S6 and am anxiously awaiting Audi's decision to start selling short-wheelbase A8's here, and/or a new S8.

I'm one of the AudiWorld.com vet's who's been lurking here for a while and...well, this is my third post now.

Earlier today I had my H-Sport sway bars adjusted to the firmer of the two available settings (had them on for some time with the milder rear setting) and drove home pretending I was in my RS 6. Heh. It really is a noticeable change, I can't recommend the bars enough to any A6 owners.

Lastly in this run-on post; I have yet to encounter an RS 6 on the road, while there are several S6's in my neighborhood. Pretty darn rare animal you have there!

Benman
October 24th, 2003, 04:51
LMGotts, i agree with Bauer. All S Cars (and obviously RS Cars) are SWEET! BTW, are you planning to take your S6 to the Sears Point Nationals? I'm looking forward to meeting some of the members of this forum (got to meet Jim and his fiance Chris at Laguna Seca but missed Bauer by a couple of minutes).:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Erik
October 24th, 2003, 08:29
All S and RS cars welcome! :cheers:

rs6w
October 24th, 2003, 21:02
If you notice the forum is RS6/S6. So we qualify!

And yes the only audi's I'll ever buy for my self are either S/RS. Though I had to promise my wife that the RS6 would be the last one for a while...

-randy

LMGotts
October 24th, 2003, 21:11
to be a dearth of active users...other than RS 6 owners. Looks like a bit of, ahem, migration happening right now though. :)

rs6w
October 24th, 2003, 21:24
A home away from home.

LMGotts
October 25th, 2003, 07:28
....or just, home? Looks like AW has taken a bad one. No backups?

rs6w
October 25th, 2003, 07:41
There at AW. It looks like they are making some progress. different error messages are coming up now...

carbonLORD
October 27th, 2003, 22:40
Even though you guys hijacked the hell outa my thread, with the help of others around, I was able to lock down an unused set with Dunlops. Just working out the COD terms. Thanks for the use of this forum as an outlet for my search. I'll be sure to post pics when mounted since they are RS 6 wheels after all :D

LMGotts
October 27th, 2003, 23:05
:)

Benman
October 28th, 2003, 02:07
Originally posted by carbonLORD
Even though you guys hijacked the hell outa my thread, with the help of others around, I was able to lock down an unused set with Dunlops. :D
Glad we could help:D

Erik
October 28th, 2003, 10:40
Looking forward to your pics carbonLORD.

If they are large you can send them to me erikb@rs6.com and I'll make them available online.