PDA

View Full Version : Vw not happy with Audi.......Bmw still n°1

andreadebi
June 5th, 2012, 10:30
http://m.focus.de/finanzen/news/wirtschaftsticker/tid-26011/autokonzern-will-an-weltspitze-piech-und-winterkorn-starten-umbau-von-volkswagen_aid_761962.html

In Wolfsburg predominates dissatisfaction with the engines, fuel consumption and the design of the Audi models, according to group circles

( not only in corporate circles, even among custumers)

What do you think about?

AndyBG
June 5th, 2012, 11:47
You can call me Audi hater, but they have right!

2008 Q7 3.0 TDI with 43000 km on it is having 18.1l per 100km fuel comsumption, my brothers 2008 X5 3.0d is avereging 9-10l, both used in same conditions, both purchased new!

Design-wise, there is allways "something missing" when you look at Audi!

And, they are allways short on engine-transmision options and combinations!

BMW and Merc' have more 4WD cars on offer than Audi, how apsurd is that!? :doh:

RXBG
June 5th, 2012, 14:03
You can call me Audi hater, but they have right!

2008 Q7 3.0 TDI with 43000 km on it is having 18.1l per 100km fuel comsumption, my brothers 2008 X5 3.0d is avereging 9-10l, both used in same conditions, both purchased new!

Design-wise, there is allways "something missing" when you look at Audi!

And, they are allways short on engine-transmision options and combinations!

BMW and Merc' have more 4WD cars on offer than Audi, how apsurd is that!? :doh:

design and engineering are the reason why audi has jumped forward. they are the most beautiful, progressive, and futuristic cars on the road. the problem is product development-sale cycles. while merc and bmw update engines and offer more of them and quick-cycle their M and AMG variants audi lags behind them by a 2 or more years in each department. part of the problem is that BECAUSE it has been successful it has tried to squeeze the most out of thier appeal by seeing how many buyers it can cajole into, e.g., getting into a 211 hp A4 that costs as much as a 306 hp 3 series (in the USA). they really needed to be more aggressive. they also do not offer any midlevel trims in any major line any more. the most powerful Q7 has 330 hp. really? the base LR4 makes 375. the Q7 is looooong in the tooth and should have been fully redisigned last year. then there are the S and RS cars. they take way too long to arrive.

finally there is the best example of all. the A3. in the US market only 2 people bought this car last year. the sedan concept was shown over a year ago. where is it????

The Pretender
June 5th, 2012, 19:24
http://blog.caranddriver.com/analyzing-audi%E2%80%99s-management-reshuffle-vw-takes-control/

The Pretender
June 5th, 2012, 19:27
The rise comes for the fall, and Audi will fall hard and deep.
80% of the car range i would delete, because it's nothing special, just average.

The RS6
June 5th, 2012, 20:38
THIS does sound interesting...

Former Porsche R&D chief and current Bentley and Bugatti CEO, Wolfgang Dürheimer, 53, will replace Dick.

Qisha
June 6th, 2012, 07:20
Dear Friends,

mayor problem solved, Marketing is now in the hands of Engineering. :cheers:

The Mastermind himself wants the number one premium spot for Audi, no matter what... so there you go. :hihi:

Qisha

The RS6
June 6th, 2012, 07:42
Does that mean we'll see more of you here? :)

AndyBG
June 6th, 2012, 16:08
We are reading those kind of anouncements for years now... Hope we will eventualy see some change!

The Pretender
June 6th, 2012, 16:21
I hope they will also refresh the hole Design department and get some fresh new designers.
Because 80% of all Audi are just boring with no imagination.

Joker
June 6th, 2012, 17:51

Has the fuel consumption always been this bad because I ran a diesel Q7 for 16000miles and I averaged 26mpg on journeys that were mostly less than 10 miles.

Might I suggest telling him to release the handbrake. lol