PDA

View Full Version : RNS-E Nav+ Available

Jimkrell
June 4th, 2012, 07:48
Greetings! I have a OEM RNS-E with 2010/2011 Navigation disc available for sale. Great working condition, excellent cosmetically as well.

If anyone has interest, drop me a note!

Best regards,

Jim

dannyboy
June 4th, 2012, 15:56
How much do you want for it?

Jimmy
June 5th, 2012, 15:26
Is this the 'old' version sat/nav or a new one from the A3 with a C5 plate?

Jimkrell
June 6th, 2012, 08:53
Is this the 'old' version sat/nav or a new one from the A3 with a C5 plate?

I believe it is the "old" version. Long story is that I purchased an allroad for my wife and it had this in it. Drove it back from Denver to Portland and everything worked fine. My father now has the allroad (looking at a Q7 for my wife) and wanted a simpler radio in it, so we reinstalled the factory Symphony radio. I hope that helps!

As far as price goes, these seem to go for around $800-900 on ebay, but I would be a bit more flexible for a fellow RS6.com member. Open to offers, but feel that something around $750 is probably fair. If that is way off base, I welcome the feedback and comments!

Jimmy
June 6th, 2012, 11:47
Thanx for the info; nope, price seems fine IMO.

Does it come with all the wiring harnesses? Did the allroad have the radio controls on the steering wheel and was there a harness to the CANbus to make the steering wheels control work with the unit.

Sorry for all the questions !

Jimkrell
June 7th, 2012, 15:31
The only harness I have is the one that is currently attached to the back (you can sort of see it in the picture). I can take a better shot of that if you need to see it a bit better.

The allroad had the controls on the steering wheel and those controls functioned perfectly with the RNS-E. I guess there may or may not be some sort of additional harness required to make this work in a new application, depending on car model, steering wheel controls, etc. I literally pulled the RNS-E out, unplugged it, and slid the older Symphony radio back in.

Jimmy
June 7th, 2012, 21:55
Thanx for the info...that harness for the steering wheel controls...you must have left it in there as it's sepreate from most other C5 installs....and about $200 (if one can find one) separately

The GPS puck too is in there, unless it was a later model allroad with the shark fin antennae (was it?) its prolly behind the instrument cluster; a typical place to put it.

I'd sure love to take it off your hands and put in my allroad if it was complete.

Jimkrell
June 9th, 2012, 05:27
Thanx for the info...that harness for the steering wheel controls...you must have left it in there as it's sepreate from most other C5 installs....and about $200 (if one can find one) separately

The GPS puck too is in there, unless it was a later model allroad with the shark fin antennae (was it?) its prolly behind the instrument cluster; a typical place to put it.

I'd sure love to take it off your hands and put in my allroad if it was complete.

The allroad was a 2004 model, which did not have the shark fin. I guess this means that the GPS puck must still be in there! (I'll have to see if I can find it.) It's my dad's car now, so I'll have to get access to it.

I'm not sure what the harness looks like that connects to the steering wheel controls. I was assuming that what was in there was from the factory Symphony radio, since the plugs were interchangeable and everything worked correctly.

If you think you can come up with that harness separately, I would be open to a fair offer for the unit as-is (with the harness as pictured).