PDA

View Full Version : Vibration issues...

lswing
May 29th, 2012, 16:51
So I get the car back, getting some really bad vibration, noticeable at low speed, then horrible at 60+. Have the wheels checked again, missing a weight they say, also worn tread on the inside, but the car was pretty smooth after that. Then shudder again, then smooth later that day...

So I drove about 130 miles yesterday, good for the most part, some shudder on smoother pavement. Here's my thought. Car is now tighter with the Koni's, so I feel more, it is super responsive and tight compared to the DRC. Tires were rotated front to back, maybe they don't sit as well, they are about a third worn. Car is just perfect and I'm feeling the road, or is the smooth road letting me feel the car?

I do seem to get more shudder/wobble in the AM when cold, wheel bearings? CV and all arms are pretty new, same with bushings...

Cornering on the Koni's has been sweet, they do have a touch of bounce on soft with the stock springs, but so much more consistent than my DRC was....

Thanks as always, and hope the weekend went great for everyone!

kismetcapitan
May 30th, 2012, 05:13
I had vibration issues last fall, that weren't completely sorted until I replaced two tires and realigned the car. I did have worn control arms but the vibration issues were solved long before I did the arms.

4everRS
May 30th, 2012, 05:37
Random wobbling/shuttering/imbalances is likely a control arm bushing issue.

lswing
May 30th, 2012, 05:40
Two slightly worn tires and a suspension that's been apart who knows how many times this year, sounds like I've got some sorting, thanks for the input!