PDA

View Full Version : headliner color? is it black or what...

mik15
May 28th, 2012, 19:41
i have taken off my headliner in order to repair it as it was sagging in the rear corners, initially i wanted to glue it back but once off the cardboard is very hard to glue it back so i have decided to replace it...i've been to a few shops around but couldn't find the exact color we have, which doesn't seem to be black, looks somehow like a charcoal or a dark grey...which is it?? do you know where could i buy it from?? i have the Avus silver with black interior!

there seems to be a color code for the Alcantara used on our cars, anyone knows it? i need to buy it and i don't know what exactly to buy...

JSRS6
May 29th, 2012, 03:57
3M upholstery spray adhesive works very well for this.

mik15
May 29th, 2012, 04:46
i know, i have it, but the question is what color the new Alcantara should be?? i have looked at the black one and it doesn't seem to be the same....

JSRS6
May 29th, 2012, 05:45
i meant to repair your existing headliner. its gonna be tough color matching 9 year old alcantera...IMO. you shouldn't have a problem readhering your current headliner with proper prep. and that 3M stuff is sticky as hell.

mik15
June 10th, 2012, 20:24
so after 2 weeks i have finally managed to find the right Alcantara for my headliner....for who might be interested in replacing it, the color code is 9052 genuine Alcantara, the faux suede or other fake Alcantara is just not the same color, and even if it is 8 years old, is the same as the new one, no color difference whatsoever. The price is arround 100$/yard and you need 2 only for the headliner! The color code is for the RS6 with black interior!

Tom Sawyer
June 10th, 2012, 21:15
I'm TRYING to ignore my headliner, picked up some fairly nondescript upholstery pins to shore up the sags in the back corners.

I did attempt to shoot some 3M upholstery adhesive in mine but the foam is what has broken down, didn't hold. I'm guessing the headliner panel is quite a PITA to get out?

mik15
June 11th, 2012, 04:42
took me about 2 hrs to take it out, it's not very hard but you need patience, the way it's mounted makes it actually easy to remove it as long as you know what to unscrew and where to pull from...once is out you need to clean that foam and then try to reattach your Alcantara, though it's what i initially wanted to do, but it is difficult to clean it properly so that's when i decided to change it and then the whole story began trying to source the right Alcantara, i am now in my third week without the car....but if you plan it and source the Alcanata before it's only a 2 days job, at the maximum!