PDA

View Full Version : My Beast is back!

lswing
May 25th, 2012, 01:23
Been in the shop the last few weeks with another power steering rack replacement. My mechanic saved my ass and got the rack out the side, no engine pull, awesome! He's getting familiar with the car and repairs are going faster, although always a PIA so I hear:)

Observations after driving a Corrolla this week. The beast is heavy to maneuver around, but holy hell is it fast! The 10-40 acceleration feels like one second, it's a flash :revs:, glad to be back in action.

Will be logging and working on my Revo tune and getting the w/m just right so I'll post up some info soon, cheers.

Chung
May 25th, 2012, 04:20
My daily is a corolla. A '91 corolla with 205k miles on it. Whenever I get in the beast I think "wow this car has a lot of features and is fast." I especially like the intermitant wipers on the RS6.

Tom Sawyer
May 25th, 2012, 12:15
So glad to hear your back in the beast! I relate on both levels... 4 weeks out of the car, and I was driving an '09 corolla for a year before I bought my RS 6. Drastic upgrade doesn't quite describe it...

Enjoy!

4everRS
May 25th, 2012, 12:44
I just had the fuel rollover valve recall done and had a newer a4 as a loaner. It was good, but was really good to get the rs6 back.

Congrats on getting your beast back!

4.2Crew
May 25th, 2012, 13:20
I just had the fuel rollover valve recall done and had a newer a4 as a loaner. It was good, but was really good to get the rs6 back.

Kyle,
Where did you have the recall performed?... And, how's the new windshield?

ThrillHouse
May 25th, 2012, 14:03

I had an '12 A4 as a loaner when I had the car (briefly) at the dealership for the radiator diagnosis (my guy ended up with the car luckily) - the '12 seemed a lot more sluggish/heavy than my '06 A4 (it was an M6 with APR but even stock impression). It was nice inside for sure but the '97 civic (gf's car I'm borrowing since 3 weeks ago) actually felt a lot quicker off the line to 40 with normal part throttle driving. You really had to flog the '12 to get it to move.

Aronis
May 25th, 2012, 16:33
great news....power steering rack CAN be replaced without an engine pull....that's great news..

Mike

lswing
May 25th, 2012, 17:03
Yep, was really glad my mechanic figured it out seeing as how we just pulled the engine. Tozo is the only other case I've heard of doing this and offered some good advice, thanks! Whew....still paranoid about my current rack, fingers crossed. It appears to have been refurbished in Germany, at least the service tag that came with it was all in German...

Aronis
May 25th, 2012, 17:46
we all need a Tozo in our garage!

Hey Tozo, there are nice homes here in the Binghamton area! (taxes highest in the world though)

Mike