PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Beep

vr430
May 22nd, 2012, 16:41
In the past couple of weeks, I have been getting an annoying beep while backing out. Not the proximity beep, but a higher pitch sustained beep. Beep is originating from somewhere in the back of the vehicle. It does not happen every time, and stays on for a random period of time, but no longer than a couple of seconds. Any idea what this might be? Thanks.

mrdave
May 22nd, 2012, 19:18
I get that too. I thought it was just detecting my garage door frame while I was backing out.

lswing
May 22nd, 2012, 19:41
The proximity beep gets higher pitched and sustained when about 6" from something. Is it not as loud? I'm guessing you've heard this. You sure it's electronic?

vr430
May 22nd, 2012, 19:46
This is a different beep - much higher pitch and never intermittent. Sometimes I get both proximity and annoying at the same time. And, yes, it does sound electronic, and definitely originates from the back of the car.

Aronis
May 22nd, 2012, 20:19
Road Runner in trunk?

Justin9212
May 22nd, 2012, 23:40
A dirty sensor will do that. You car thinks you are about to hit something. Pressure wash your rear bumper, and get it good around the sensors and the noise will go away.

johnnie27
May 22nd, 2012, 23:55
In the past couple of weeks, I have been getting an annoying beep while backing out. Not the proximity beep, but a higher pitch sustained beep. Beep is originating from somewhere in the back of the vehicle. It does not happen every time, and stays on for a random period of time, but no longer than a couple of seconds. Any idea what this might be? Thanks.

check all your fluid levels..esp coolant (mine did that beep when the coolant was a fraction lower)

Amulet-S6
May 23rd, 2012, 02:26
check all your fluid levels..esp coolant (mine did that beep when the coolant was a fraction lower)

I get that sound with low wiper fluid icon on display

vr430
May 23rd, 2012, 19:17
Thanks, all. I checked all fluids - seem to be in order. Cleaned all sensors. Will see if banshee (not the Road Runner) comes back.

4everRS
May 23rd, 2012, 20:12
There is the possibility of something aftermarket installed on the car you haven't discovered yet.

My backup sensors go off sometimes when they are dirty or whatever, but the pitch is the same as the intermittent beeps. It's just faster or constant.

vr430
May 24th, 2012, 16:41
There is the possibility of something aftermarket installed on the car you haven't discovered yet.

Hmmm. I'll rummage through all the crevaces in the trunk area and behind the bumper. Thanks.