PDA

View Full Version : Question for Hotchkiss ARB users

Amar
May 22nd, 2012, 00:25
I've seen that Hotchkiss ARBs can be sourced for half the price in the US through Tyre Rack then in the UK so am keen to bring some back with me as I will be in the states in three weeks. My question, for those that have fitted them. Would I be mad to try and pack them into my suitcase? Say if I take them out of the box? If anyone has an unboxed weight or has some lying around and could measure them for me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Justin9212
May 22nd, 2012, 00:31
Measure your stock bars, then figure they are pretty light since they are hallow.

Amar
May 22nd, 2012, 00:33
Thanks for the tip, but I haven't got access to a ramp until after the trip! Has anyone got some old bars lying around they could measure?

kismetcapitan
May 22nd, 2012, 02:52
check with the airlines regarding dimensions; the box they came in were pretty bulky and obviously long...

Amulet-S6
May 23rd, 2012, 03:07
Couldn't find my OEM's in storage area to measure. With the length and bends of the rear ARB's, the only potential luggage fit I can think of would be in a soft-sided golf club flight bag.

ben916
May 23rd, 2012, 05:41
Not sure of the dimension but I had to put the seats down to fit it into the trunk...
The box is in my garage 1250 miles away.

Are you looking for box dimensions or bar dimensions?

Amar
May 23rd, 2012, 11:29
Thanks for the replies so far guys, I need the dimensions of the bars as I will leave the box in the US of A. :)