PDA

View Full Version : Euro OEM 19" wheels - reasonable price?

kismetcapitan
May 17th, 2012, 00:11
with my suspension done and radio upgraded, I'm now left to do little things to bring my car not only up to 100%, but also thoughts turn to Euro-spec...since I've successfully relocated the battery.

Recaros are...well, I'm just keeping my eye out, looking for a deal on white/alcantara Recaros. If that doesn't pan out, I'm going to get my driver's seat reupholstered to increase the bolster size.

And then the OEM 19" wheels. I've always liked them, and to be honest, I tend to like wheels that are, well, easy to clean.

What would be a reasonable price for a set of Euro OEM 19" wheels these days?

(you know, Audi probably would have saved money by keeping with the same spec interior and wheels for the US model run, and we'd be a lot happier! And even Hankooks are load rated at 100 at the OEM 19" tire size, so that's no longer an issue in terms of available tire selection...)

marklar182
May 17th, 2012, 02:39
You want new ones?

Are you sitting down?

$1535 Each.

Also you need special Michelin PS2's to clear the uprights.

hahnmgh63
May 17th, 2012, 03:15
Keep in mind the 19's, just like the 18's, are a heavy OEM wheel. Save your money and go with a Forged wheel. The car will turn in better, handle better, and it can save about 50lbs or stock.

papadoc
May 17th, 2012, 06:09
I picked up Mark's 19" Titanium Euro OEM wheels last year and he was asking $1800 for the set, not perfect wheels either. They are not a light wheel, but they are strong and look awesome. Would be hard to find similar wheels here...

kismetcapitan
May 17th, 2012, 08:00
I do like the design. I guess I'll hunt for cheap knockoffs; in my experience, they can bend, but when you're paying less than $200/wheel, who cares? They're also very light (probably correlates with the bendability!)

The problem is getting a proper offset. Most generic cheap wheels have a crazy 45 offset so they can fit everything. I'd prefer to have properly offset wheels so I don't have to use spacers anymore (I'm on 10mm spacers with the stock wheels)

Thanks for the info re: weight!!!

Tom Sawyer
May 18th, 2012, 01:55
100% agreed on the lightweight forged route. On my B6 S4, I replaced the 18" Avus wheels with Neuspeed RS10's and was amazed at the difference in performance. Those were roughly 19 lb 19" wheels.

I'm going to hold out and go the Forgestar route but will have to stay in my stock 18's until I recoupe the toy fundage. To be able to spec out the exact dimensions and offset for the price (~1600 at modbargains) is pretty good for custom made (rotary) forged wheels.

My understanding is that 1 lb of unsprung weight reduction equated to 100 lbs of curb weight.

Tom Sawyer
May 28th, 2012, 12:59
100% agreed on the lightweight forged route. On my B6 S4, I replaced the 18" Avus wheels with Neuspeed RS10's and was amazed at the difference in performance. Those were roughly 19 lb 19" wheels.

I'm going to hold out and go the Forgestar route but will have to stay in my stock 18's until I recoupe the toy fundage. To be able to spec out the exact dimensions and offset for the price (~1600 at modbargains) is pretty good for custom made (rotary) forged wheels.

My understanding is that 1 lb of unsprung weight reduction equated to 100 lbs of curb weight.

^^^ Correction: That should be 10 lbs, not 100... :doh:

kismetcapitan
May 28th, 2012, 13:41
damn, cause I was thinking that 10lbs saved per wheel would make my car weigh nothing! :D

Tom Sawyer
May 28th, 2012, 13:47
damn, cause I was thinking that 10lbs saved per wheel would make my car weigh nothing! :D

HA! No doubt.... wouldn't that be fun, a 500 HP car that basically weighs your body weight!!

Edit: As it turns out, terrifying may be a better description...

12646:

formula1man
May 29th, 2012, 00:12
You might want to check out Howey industries as they have a sale on Forgestar that I am going through. The 19 x 9.5 with a 30 offset is $1545 with free shipping.
Just an FYI...

marklar182
May 29th, 2012, 00:52
Not sure if they are genuine like they say, but someone may be interested in contacting this seller.... I would ask for a pic of the Audi PN on the inside of the spokes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-RS6-Wheels-tyres-19x9-5-W-255-35-19-Conti-DW-Tyres-/290719157325?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b0364c4d#ht_500wt_1219

mmaturo
June 3rd, 2012, 06:41
I picked up Mark's 19" Titanium Euro OEM wheels last year and he was asking $1800 for the set, not perfect wheels either. They are not a light wheel, but they are strong and look awesome. Would be hard to find similar wheels here...

They are fantastic looking...and heaven to clean over the 18" 9 spokes. Stronger than my S5 wheels certainly. The reps of these do bend easily but the style on the car is/was worth it. Glad I had purchased/imported them early on in '05 when ummm only around $800ea, plus center caps and shipping. Think I'm still the only RS6 (former) owner in the US that was crazy enough to import the titanium finish ones. Never seen another real set here.

http://forums.audiworld.com/picture.php?albumid=19478&pictureid=215637

papadoc
June 3rd, 2012, 23:01
And I'm glad that they weren't the best match for your S5! Still think they're the best looking setup with a Daytona RS6 and while we don't have the potholes of the Edens or Dan Ryan, I've unfortunately had the occasion to see that they are indeed strong...