PDA

View Full Version : Forgestar Wheels: Anyone have any experience with these?

hunter
May 16th, 2012, 17:47
I want a second set of wheels to keep at the track with race take-offs on them and was looking for a set of OEM. But new they are just ridiculous money and used they are hard to find and shipping is an issue. Plus this past weekend before mounting the slicks back on we weighed the OEM 9 spokes and the tipped the scales at 31 lbs! Wow, damn heavy.

So now i'm looking at keeping my OEMs at the track and picking up a set of Forgestar F14 18-9.0 that they say weigh just over 18 lbs, for the street with my 255-40-18 Pilot Super Sports.

Any thoughts? Experience?

Am i right that i should order the 18-9.0 with a ET29 offset for this set up?

Thanks for the input guys.

bakes
May 16th, 2012, 17:53
I have the F14 in 19*10 with ET 30. I've had to run a 5mm spacer up front for clearance. I am enjouying them so far but I've only run them for a few weeks. Do a search on my threads regarding my F14's.

You should be find with 18*9 et 29.

hunter
May 17th, 2012, 23:28
Thanks bakes. I checked out those threads and they were helpful. Man loved the pics of your ride. The F14s sure look good on the rs6. matte gunmetal, right?

Are you still able to use stock lug nuts on there ?

bakes
May 18th, 2012, 01:31
No i can't use the stock lugs. For one, they are cone seat lugs not the ball seat that audi use. On top of that, I've had to use a 5mm spacer on the front to clear the upright so that has caused me to buy 5mm longer lugs.