PDA

View Full Version : new member and some questions

milkandjuice
October 22nd, 2003, 07:04
Hi all

I'm from australia and am waiting to take delivery of my RS6, I am just curious about the optional sport exhaust, does anyone know what the diameter of the pipes are and what the flow/back pressure would be.

Just curious cause I am still able to change the specs if I like, and am wondering whether it is worth goin for the factory pipes or just goin aftermarket.

Also has anyone tried "unichips" with their RS6? Or what is the most preferred chips for these beasts.

Any help would be great thanks

Dru

nene
October 22nd, 2003, 08:03
Not sure what the exhaust pipe diameter is, but it surely looks wide enough. Probably wider then the S4 I have.
I chose the sound enhancing exhaust for a couple of reasons. One because it was from factory, thus under warranty. Second because the black tips look great on Daytona Gray RS6.

Looking at the exhausts currently on the market, there is nothing that really moves me.
I would consider a Scorpion or Tubi exhaust system, if either were available, and depending on the look of the system. I don't get hung over the gain specs and the diameter of the piping. If the tips look good, I'm okay with that.

As for chips for the beast, there are quite a few tuners out there with available goods. Personally I like MTM.
But I know O.CT, APR, and Abt also make chips for the RS6. Not sure if any of these are available in Australia, but I think it can be imported if you wish to get it.

Good luck.

milkandjuice
October 22nd, 2003, 08:31
Thanks for the advice, I have ordered it with the exhaust, 19's and not sure about the colour, I am torn between daytona grey and misano red grrrrrrrrrrr.

The MTM is available here, I will go have a chat to the distributor again. Though I was chasing something that would be able to be retuned to any further mods I may do.

Thanx again

Erik
October 22nd, 2003, 08:44
milkandjuice. first of all welcome to RS6.com!

Regarding your question I think what you should ask yourself is how you will modify your car. If you plan to go to MTM stage 2 for instance, save your money for now.
The sport exhaust is said to give no more sound outside the car (supposedly already at the limit...), it's an option for the driver that will give another sound inside the car.
I know EVO complained about some after market exhaust being too loud, destroying the stealth. Depends on who you want to be.

If you want to see pictures just use the search engine.

Here's an example:
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171&highlight=essen+exhaust

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6-Red-high-Q.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Essen2002/Red-RS6-Sports-Ex-1.jpg

Snow
October 22nd, 2003, 15:21
Erik, is the first picture available in 1024*768 to use as a background? I'm starting to like that Misano red more and more. Amazing color.

Thanks in advance!
:addict:

milkandjuice
October 23rd, 2003, 00:34
I was a bit worried about the misano red, but I did a search and some of the pics especially the one with the beast on a dyno looks absolutely great.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn misano red, thanks for the info.

Dru

Benman
October 23rd, 2003, 04:07
milkandjuice:cheers: , welcome.

And it get's much more exciting once you actually get to start driving around! The car IS a Beast!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

milkandjuice
October 23rd, 2003, 11:55
Trust me, the days are dreary and the nights long....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

But I won't be wastin time on moding it when i get it:addict: