PDA

View Full Version : Headlights & paint

JAXRS6
October 22nd, 2003, 06:42
The headlights on my beast seemingly are generations better than anything I've had. Several others have commented too. Anyone know what makes them so effective?

The paint, or finish, seems special too, appearing to change character a little after dark and in different lighting. At least that's what my girl and I observe on my "Mugello Blue pearl effect," as the brochure calls it. Any idea where the word Mugello comes from, or how the character change is achieved?

Just a couple of thoughts on aspects of this great vehicle that don't get much attention in the automotive press -- or here yet, as far as I've seen.

Erik
October 22nd, 2003, 08:50
Benman explained everything about the paint a while ago.

About the headlights, they are Bi-Xenon and are about 40% larger than on the previous A6. (before face-lift).
They are VERY good!

Nordschleife
October 22nd, 2003, 09:53
Mugello is a race track in Italy
Daytona US
Imola Italy
Nogaro France
Goodwood UK
Misano Italy

there are mica flecks or scales in the paint which cause the reflective properties of the paint to change, metal flecks cause the metallic look

Benman
October 23rd, 2003, 03:47
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Mugello is a race track in Italy
Daytona US
Imola Italy
Nogaro France
Goodwood UK
Misano Italy

there are mica flecks or scales in the paint which cause the reflective properties of the paint to change, metal flecks cause the metallic look

Nice break down of the tracks our colors are named after. As for the Mugello, it only has mica in the formula and not metal flecks (although Avus Silver does).:cheers: