PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Dallas, TX! New forum member

Ms_RS6
May 9th, 2012, 15:00
Hi guys!

My name is Maria and I own a, '03 Mugello blue RS6 and I live in Dallas, TX. I have been lurking for about a year now and finally decided to stop being lazy and introduce myself.
I know the previous owners of my car have been on this forum for years. I currently have MTM stage IV (exluding turbo upgrade-so far as they are getting replaced, still debating whether to upgrade).
Anyway, just thought I'd stop by and say hello. I love all of the information and experts on this forum. Don't think there's another forum like this out there. Great job guys and thank you for reading. :)

4everRS
May 9th, 2012, 15:29
Welcome. Glad you stopped lurking.

For the turbos, you may want to just get them sent to scroll products to be rebuild and hybridized. Probably less expensive and better that other options.

Stephencl
May 9th, 2012, 15:31
Awesome....welcome aboard. Let's see some pics.....of the car. This is a really special place, and I missed it so much after my RS6 was totaled last year, that I just bought another one.

Stephen

Ms_RS6
May 9th, 2012, 15:32
Welcome. Glad you stopped lurking.

For the turbos, you may want to just get them sent to scroll products to be rebuild and hybridized. Probably less expensive and better that other options.
Thank you!
I've searched the forum but may not be searching correctly. Can you tell me what the difference is between hybrids and our stock turbos? I will definitely consider sending them to scroll products.

Ms_RS6
May 9th, 2012, 15:39
Here is a picture of when I purchased the car and 2 pictures after a had a few modifications done including wheels.

Erik
May 9th, 2012, 15:46
Hi Maria and welcome.

I haven't been to Dallas for many, many years but miss places like Bass Pro Shop etc.

hahnmgh63
May 9th, 2012, 15:51
The Hybrids are modified for a little more flow and can be set up to flow a little more at lower RPM or a little more at Higher RPM but not really both with the design. I had Scroll Products do a stock rebuild on mine and am very happy with the quality of the rebuild. They were spotlessly clean and carefully sealed in a plastic wrap. I only have about 2K miles on them but I have inspected them from above & below (I have a lift) and no leaks or seeping, we'll see in the long term but their Euro operations have a very good reputation and they supposedly have a one of a kind balancing machine for a non-manufacturer. The Volkswagen Audi Group (VAG) still uses a version of our Turbos and KKK/Borg Warner have done a few reliabilty updates to the newer ones and Scroll can incorporate some of these updates to our Turbos too for a very reasonable price.

May 9th, 2012, 17:43
Beautiful car. Congrats on your own 5-1-5-0!

MaxRS6
May 9th, 2012, 17:45
Welcome aboard the..

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1293713060

dcsweet
May 9th, 2012, 19:43
A very nice looking car and welcome. Great turbo information as well, thanks to all.

marklar182
May 9th, 2012, 21:55
Hey, I live in Dallas, do I know you? :)

Ms_RS6
May 9th, 2012, 21:58
Hey, I live in Dallas, do I know you? :)

:)

Hi Mark!! :)

vitalian
May 9th, 2012, 23:15
Welcome!

Mugello Blue -- my favorite!:)