PDA

View Full Version : REVO fine tuning...

lswing
May 3rd, 2012, 18:59
Well I've finally got the details that I've been wanting for my tune, thanks Mark for the SPS tool loaner. I also really like the interface and detail that the tool offers. So details, and of course questions. Again, I won't be able to log more data for a month or so while fixing the steering rack.

Hooked up the laptop and got the readings currently on the ECU, 6 boost, 3 timing, 6 fueling. The software goes on a scale from 0-9 for boost, timing, and fueling.

According to my logs, I'm running 19lbs or so on the 6 setting. I think I will go down to setting 5 since my timing is getting pulled too far, and the boost feels a bit jumpy.

The timing was being pulled to 0 or - sometimes, so I might leave it with the boost being reduced a pound or two. Or should I take a bit of timing out also to start?

The fueling is interesting to me. My lambda's read .68 a lot right now, and have been decent under boost with the water meth added. I'm thinking of turning the Revo setting back up to 9, which the manual states will give me a lambda of .91, which is richer. Now from what I know, this isn't more fuel, it's just an adjustment in the A/F ratio by Revo. Meaning a bit less air coming in I believe? But a richer and safer mixture?

What do you all think?

Also, if I'm running 19lbs at setting 6, and setting 0 is 9lbs, then setting 9 might be about 24lbs. I already feel like the 19lbs is too much for the KO4's as they spin up too quick with the increased air pressure hitting them.

Brav
May 3rd, 2012, 22:45
I remember someone stating that the fueling adjustment doesn't work on the RS6 ... I think thats what Supreme Power told me when I asked.

4everRS
May 3rd, 2012, 23:48
I believe you'll need lemmiwinks for fuel adjustment. Reading lambas on our cars should only be done under closed loop, i.e. full throttle. You should have lambda voltages in the .8 to .9 volt range.

lswing
May 3rd, 2012, 23:59
Good stuff....thanks for the input!

I'll soon confirm that the Fuel adjustment either alters the A/F ratio, or does nothing...I've heard plenty that it won't add more fuel, but it might reduce it and add more air?

Manual states the car should be at .9, which is what you say, but I am around .7 under full throttle, and adjusted at number 6 for Revo fuel. Hoping that going to 9 on Revo will bring my lambda numbers back to .9 or so...as stated in the manual.

Edit; And yes, I've heard that to actually add more fuel you will need Lemmiwinks, which Revo has told me not to touch...

hahnmgh63
May 4th, 2012, 03:07
That is true that the Fueling doesn't do anything on any Bosch ME7.1 or in our case 7.1.1 Motronic systems. It would be funny that Revo says not to use Lemmiwinks as it is a Revo program. I tried to deal with them on the slightly lean Revo software issue and they asked for and I sent them logs and in the end they quit replying to my E-mails so I gave up on them, this was Revo USA though and I never bothered trying to contact Revo U.K.

QuattroRS
May 4th, 2012, 08:25
Another thread? .68 is so far lean I would park the car and ride the bus. Clarify what you mean about air/fuel running better with meth? It would be great to know if Revo setting 9 gives .91. I have my speculations that it will do little to nothing. Please deal with the .68 because 19psi of boost is a big number to be running .68 a/f.

Well I've finally got the details that I've been wanting for my tune, thanks Mark for the SPS tool loaner. I also really like the interface and detail that the tool offers. So details, and of course questions. Again, I won't be able to log more data for a month or so while fixing the steering rack.

Hooked up the laptop and got the readings currently on the ECU, 6 boost, 3 timing, 6 fueling. The software goes on a scale from 0-9 for boost, timing, and fueling.

According to my logs, I'm running 19lbs or so on the 6 setting. I think I will go down to setting 5 since my timing is getting pulled too far, and the boost feels a bit jumpy.

The timing was being pulled to 0 or - sometimes, so I might leave it with the boost being reduced a pound or two. Or should I take a bit of timing out also to start?

The fueling is interesting to me. My lambda's read .68 a lot right now, and have been decent under boost with the water meth added. I'm thinking of turning the Revo setting back up to 9, which the manual states will give me a lambda of .91, which is richer. Now from what I know, this isn't more fuel, it's just an adjustment in the A/F ratio by Revo. Meaning a bit less air coming in I believe? But a richer and safer mixture?

What do you all think?

Also, if I'm running 19lbs at setting 6, and setting 0 is 9lbs, then setting 9 might be about 24lbs. I already feel like the 19lbs is too much for the KO4's as they spin up too quick with the increased air pressure hitting them.

4everRS
May 4th, 2012, 13:32
Another thread? .68 is so far lean I would park the car and ride the bus. Clarify what you mean about air/fuel running better with meth? It would be great to know if Revo setting 9 gives .91. I have my speculations that it will do little to nothing. Please deal with the .68 because 19psi of boost is a big number to be running .68 a/f.

Agreed. This is not good. Short blocks are expensive.

hahnmgh63
May 4th, 2012, 14:45
It is strange though that in his latest logs, which are still a short full throttle run, that his O2's show a bit lean but the knock sensor logs show no detonation corrections. A good tune should show a few odd corrections here and there throughout the Rev range and his are all zero's. But again, he is showing about 12.6psi of Boost but the timing is not advanced.

QuattroRS
May 4th, 2012, 15:58
The knocks have already happened. The ECU learns which is why the timing has been pulled to 0. If he cleared the ECU and started from scratch and logged....we would see the knock sensors going nuts. IMHO

It is strange though that in his latest logs, which are still a short full throttle run, that his O2's show a bit lean but the knock sensor logs show no detonation corrections. A good tune should show a few odd corrections here and there throughout the Rev range and his are all zero's. But again, he is showing about 12.6psi of Boost but the timing is not advanced.