PDA

View Full Version : Offset/Spacer input from those running 19 x 9.5" wide wheels...

4.2Crew
May 1st, 2012, 23:27
Looking to install the 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 wheels... To make a long story short and simple, these wheels only are available in a 45et------at this time. VMR is not very communicative or accurate regarding production runs or or shipping dates. So, I've decided to explore installing the available et45's with spacers.... By my calculation, I'll need to run a 10mm to 15mm centric spacer.

Can anyone with 9.5" wide wheels chime in to comment on offset, spacers or overall general experience using spacers?

johnnie27
May 1st, 2012, 23:45
well i hate spacers , you need 14-15mm of them to fit that wheel.(19x9.5 need ET 29 or 30)....perhaps bolt on ones will be ok? my experince with them was brief , i treid them on my EVO 6.5 ..they shook the car under v hard braking..i took them off in the first 10 mins of driving..some people love them..whatever makes you happy mate...15mm is a big cap to the hub thou.....maybe you can get those spacers that have studs and bolt up? you can get anything in the land of opportunity

4everRS
May 2nd, 2012, 00:01
10 may be close. If you're going to run a 275 tire it might be too close to the upright. However, I know that some have ground down the "nub" that sticks out on the top of the upright to gain clearance. 10 would be better for wheel bearing geometry. It would probably look better and fit for sure with the 15's though.

Disclaimer: I run 19x8.5 et25. I am baseing the above purely on memory from others experience. Those with 19x9.5 will likely provide better input. I wish I had 19x9.5 to be able to run those 275 steamrollers. They look awesome in person.

johnnie27
May 2nd, 2012, 00:14
i have 19 x9.5 et 30 (perfect fit) with a more lowered car anything 1-2mm outside of this size will foul something.....

NSU RS6
May 2nd, 2012, 17:24
i have 19 x9.5 et 30 (perfect fit) with a more lowered car anything 1-2mm outside of this size will foul something.....

For a 9.5 et 30 would be a good number. Of course size (tire) matters, not sure what you are planning to run there. My 19 x 9 et33 2011 S5 wheels required adapters due to the larger hubcentric of the later Audi wheels (66.5mm vs 57.1). The adapters I have are 8mm thick, resulting in a net 25 et. Drop a plumb bob off the fender lip, and the tires are flush. This is exactly what I wanted. This is with 255/35-19 Michelin PSS. Very happy with the set up. I have lowered and put oversized tires on every Audi I have ever owned, and it has always been a bit of a battle with tire wear, camber plates, etc.

Must be getting old, since I decided to stay stock (for the most part) with the RS6.

Good Luck!

4.2Crew
May 2nd, 2012, 18:57
My 19 x 9 et33 2011 S5 wheels required adapters due to the larger hubcentric of the later Audi wheels (66.5mm vs 57.1). The adapters I have are 8mm thick, resulting in a net 25 et. 6.

Did you use bolt-on adapters, or spacer-type adapters?.... The only bolt-on adapters I can find have a minimum thickness of 18mm...

Thanks!

NSU RS6
May 2nd, 2012, 23:38
Did you use bolt-on adapters, or spacer-type adapters?.... The only bolt-on adapters I can find have a minimum thickness of 18mm...

Thanks!

I used H&R TRAK spacer adapters - 8mm. ECS did not have them in stock when I needed them, but I was able to find someone on Audizine that parted with a like new set + ball bolts for a pretty good price. Looks like ECS has them in stock now:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4.2T/Wheels/Adapters/

Nice thing is that the outside diameter of these spacers matches exactly the matching surface of the brake rotor, making them almost undetectable.

Good luck -

NSU RS6
May 2nd, 2012, 23:43
I should also add that if you stay with a 57.1 mm hubcentric wheel, then you just need spacers - not spacer adapters. Spacers are considerable cheaper.

Myself, I analyzed everything about the wheels I bought - except for whether they would fit the hubcentric...........DUH.

4.2Crew
May 3rd, 2012, 05:00
Thanks for the follow-up info... By grinding the nubs off from the uprightss, I hope to drop from a 15mm down to a 10mm spacer/adapter. The adapters you used would be perfect!

The VMR V213 wheels have the 66.6mm center bore, so a transitional adapter (hub and wheel centric) will be necessary to mitigate wobble and vibration... Thanks!

bakes
May 3rd, 2012, 12:38
Sounds like you are set! Post some pics when they are on!

BuffaloRS6
May 3rd, 2012, 23:34
Looking to install the 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 wheels... To make a long story short and simple, these wheels only are available in a 45et------at this time. VMR is not very communicative or accurate regarding production runs or or shipping dates. So, I've decided to explore installing the available et45's with spacers.... By my calculation, I'll need to run a 10mm to 15mm centric spacer.

Can anyone with 9.5" wide wheels chime in to comment on offset, spacers or overall general experience using spacers?

I just had KW V1's and 19x9.5 VMW 701's put on my car. The offset of the VMR wheels is et45 for our cars. I had to use 15 mm spacers to get them to fit correctly. I have 275/30-19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports on them. I am having some minor vibrations at various speeds and I'm not sure how much the spacers have to do with it. But my S4 is also lowered and doesn't really have the same vibrations that I'm getting in the RS6. I get the vibrations when cornering (right & left) @ higher speeds & also under hard braking from about 70-65 mph. The steering wheels shakes & and I can just feel the front end of the car shaking. Also, the upper control arms do need replacing on my car. Again, not sure if this has anything to do with the vibrations. I've ordered the Stern adjustable upper control arms from Pure Motorsport, so hopefully they'll help solve my issues.

4everRS
May 3rd, 2012, 23:43
I'd bet at least a nickel that the vibration is from the control arms.

4.2Crew
May 4th, 2012, 00:02
I just had KW V1's and 19x9.5 VMW 701's put on my car. The offset of the VMR wheels is et45 for our cars. I had to use 15 mm spacers to get them to fit correctly. I have 275/30-19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports on them. I am having some minor vibrations at various speeds and I'm not sure how much the spacers have to do with it. But my S4 is also lowered and doesn't really have the same vibrations that I'm getting in the RS6. I get the vibrations when cornering (right & left) @ higher speeds & also under hard braking from about 70-65 mph. The steering wheels shakes & and I can just feel the front end of the car shaking. Also, the upper control arms do need replacing on my car. Again, not sure if this has anything to do with the vibrations. I've ordered the Stern adjustable upper control arms from Pure Motorsport, so hopefully they'll help solve my issues.

Great info!.... Good stuff!
Just out of curiuosity, are your spacers both hub centric AND wheel centric?...

Are they similiar to these:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4...eels/Adapters/ (http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4.2T/Wheels/Adapters/)

Just wondering, since the VMR's have a 66.6mm hub bore vs our 57.1mm bore...

Thanks!