PDA

View Full Version : RS6 C5: About to upgrade stock IC's to Wagners, what to log with vagcom?

PatrickR
May 1st, 2012, 14:30
I've bought a set of Wagners, including the carbon air ducts and fog-light grills, also bought the reinforced hoses and clamps.
I suspect my OEM IC's to be leaking, so i wanted to log before and after with vagcom.

Logged the RPM, Intake air temp, Mass Air Flow G70 (Bank 1), Mass Air Flow G246 (Bank 2) & Mass Air Flow (G70 + G246) & Mass Air Flow (G70 + G246)
Did a run on the freeway, 0-240km/h...
Will post the log, and footage from my VisionDrive.

Do i need to log more to be usefull?

PatrickR
May 1st, 2012, 14:43
DOH! How could i forget to log the boost, will do that tonight, to much traffic now :)

kismetcapitan
May 1st, 2012, 15:41
somewhat off topic, but other than fixing the leaky OEM IC problem, is there an increase in air flow? In other words, are the stock ICs considered a bottleneck on the RS6?

I've always been personally hesitant about going with oversized intercoolers, because the tradeoff in extreme situations (like a massive front-mount unit for a 2.0 liter Mitsubishi Evo) is horrible throttle response. Water injection, or even intercooler sprays do much the same as bigger intercoolers for cooling down the intake charge.

That being said, intercooler size is pretty hotly debated, with lots of dyno data supporting both camps.

PatrickR
May 1st, 2012, 15:48
No, stock IC's aren't bottleneck!

Here's the video of the run, LOGs wil be posted later on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ar2XDGeUO4

kismetcapitan
May 1st, 2012, 18:03
nice run! what country is that - it can't possibly be America, as over here idiots have no sense of staying in the right lane except to pass.

hunter
May 11th, 2012, 13:54
what country is that - it can't possibly be America, as over here idiots have no sense of staying in the right lane except to pass
Amen to that! Going 5 MPH below the speed limit with 1 hand on the wheel and 1 hand on the cell phone in the left hand lane with a train 1/2 mi long behind them. THAT'S who the cops should be pulling over for "passive aggressive " driving! :revs:

kismetcapitan
May 11th, 2012, 19:00
Amen to that! Going 5 MPH below the speed limit with 1 hand on the wheel and 1 hand on the cell phone in the left hand lane with a train 1/2 mi long behind them. THAT'S who the cops should be pulling over for "passive aggressive " driving! :revs:

some people are true idiots. Last week when driving back to Nashville from Ann Arbor at about 3am, someone was in the left lane, running at 55 in a 70 dead even with a semi. There must have been at least 10 cars behind. Oddly, once the car cleared the semi, the car behind the idiot (some SUV) tried to pass him, but then he floors it up to maybe 90 to keep the SUV from passing??? I eventually made it onto the idiot's bumper, where he slowed to 55 again. I downshifted and bided my time, then made a fast lane change. He accelerated to try to keep me from passing, but a Honda is no match for an RS6 :) Because I was at higher RPM and turbos already spooled, the whole thing was over in what must have been two seconds. Silver bullet baby!!