PDA

View Full Version : Sunday drive, mostly just nice country...

lswing
April 24th, 2012, 16:40
Working on getting the camera and mic set better, but it's a start, few nice engine notes, but still too much wind and camera clanking, great day though!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fI3D8u1NV90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BuffaloRS6
April 24th, 2012, 16:52
Can't play the video. Says it's private. :(

lswing
April 24th, 2012, 16:53
Can't play the video. Says it's private. :(

That should be better:)

BuffaloRS6
April 24th, 2012, 17:05
Pressed play. Just a black screen that says "This video is private." 3rd time's a charm. Haha

lswing
April 24th, 2012, 17:07
Pressed play. Just a black screen that says "This video is private." 3rd time's a charm. Haha

Fixed, promise...

streetsoffire
April 24th, 2012, 21:38
What camera is that, and where was it mounted?

lswing
April 24th, 2012, 21:46
GoPro HD, video is heavily compressed, and need external mic for sure. Used one of the temporary sticky mounts on the dash, suction cup wouldn't stick...

Benman
April 25th, 2012, 04:59
Been wanting to get a GoPro HD myself! Besides drives, we also like MTB, would be perfect. :cheers:

lswing
April 25th, 2012, 07:20
Cool, I did a bunch of MTB years ago before my back went bad. There's a good old mtb vid on my youtube videos. Uploading a higher res video of this car clip, the gopro is well worth the $$...!

lswing
April 25th, 2012, 16:01
Here's a HD 720 version to show the camera quality. I'm going to mount further up on the dash and add an external mic for clear audio next time. If you have a good computer and connection the 720 plays super smooth off youtube.

Cheers!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O6QlrXS8ZZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MaxRS6
April 25th, 2012, 16:40
GoPro HD..Used one of the temporary sticky mounts on the dash, suction cup wouldn't stick...

I've used those suction cups all over (windshield, trunk, side, etc) da car without issue. I keep waiting to see one fly off a car on the track as more and more of the cars have these stuck to em everywhere to catch those priceless moments..;0

Nice vid. but where is the hill bus passing scene (r u there grizz??)??- LOL- brings back good memories..

lswing
April 25th, 2012, 16:44
Good point, i didn't think of cupping to the windshield or other glass inside, genius you, me doh!....yea, no school buses on the weekend....ha.....

MaxRS6
April 25th, 2012, 16:55
^LOL.

The obvious sometimes manages to pass me by at times. I'll not bore you with plenty of factual experiences that bear proof.

If you attach to windshield, you might want to run the camera in Upside Down Mode. The camera can be positioned "upside down", and the video will be recoreded right side up in this mode. This is normally how I run it when it is attached to the windshield on the inside (suction mount on top, the arm underneath with the camera upside down. You can position the camera in a right side up position but takes a few brackets.

This has been another RS6.Com Tip presented to you by the fine folks of have fun out there- Life is short.

repda503
April 25th, 2012, 17:16
Good ole Oregon roads! Is that down in eugene? I took mine out around Portland that day too.

lswing
April 25th, 2012, 17:19
Yep, Loraine valley, pretty easy on the throttle as it's busy with bike riders and traffic, there were a couple really slow cars though:)