PDA

View Full Version : Water/Meth Kit installed and running!

lswing
April 24th, 2012, 04:16
Finally got it connected and set, feels smoother already. Did a nice custom box over the tank, pump, and small Optima battery. Guys added a window for the w/m level, and even a few nice LED's to light it up, although tough to see in the pics.

If you've seen my log posts the last few days, I'm running too much boost thanks to the previous owners shop, and won't log the w/m until I drop it down a few pounds. Will get the SPS Select tool and get that taken care of.

Running two D05's drilled into the y-pipe about midway up each side. Starts spray at 3 psi and gets to full by 12. Certainly smoother already, but I don't really want to flog the car in 3rd gear pulls until the boost is better.

Thanks for all the input, this forum is excellent!

lswing
April 25th, 2012, 17:22
Totaled up the cost, $1,200 for kit, install, custom work. Well worth it! Improved throttle response and feel through the power band, would highly recommend!!!

mdegracia
April 26th, 2012, 19:49
What system did you end up going with, Snow or Devils' Own?

lswing
April 26th, 2012, 20:31
What system did you end up going with, Snow or Devils' Own?

Check my sig:) DO seems good, plenty to mess around with, but seems like a good system, pump looks strong...

kismetcapitan
April 26th, 2012, 22:53
what blend are you injecting? I've read a lot of debates over what to inject. For pure knock reduction, nothing reduces cylinder heat like water. With alcohols, it gets more complex as there's a fuel value and stoich for methanol, for example, is 6:1. Because a boosted engine always injects rich under boost, all available oxygen is being used anyways. I can't remember exactly, but I think the use of alcohol in water injection blends is to act as an antifreeze - the technology was developed in WWII and hasn't changed since, other than the addition of optional variable spray maps controlled by a standalone ECU.

<sigh> if only nitromethane was cheap...

lswing
April 26th, 2012, 23:18
Injecting DO's mix, it's 49 meth, 51 water, nice and clean....hoping to add the fuel for the lean condition, and water to cool....still lots of logging to be done....any input is great!