PDA

View Full Version : upper control arm deal - too good to be true?

kismetcapitan
April 19th, 2012, 21:04
http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exec/product_id/34012/nm/Audi+RS6+Upper+Control+Arm+Kit+2003-2004+(S4+Upgrade)

my upper arms are shot - any other reliable deals out there? I know we've linked this a million times but I'm on my iPhone and need to call in an order asap

thanks for the help!

mik15
April 19th, 2012, 21:14
$69 for all 4?? that sounds to be a good deal :), i don't know how good they are though, i have also been researching a couple of weeks ago for all front control arms and in the end i bought the 8 arms set made by Meyle HD considering the good feedback they got!

kismetcapitan
April 19th, 2012, 21:47
I just ordered a set. At this price, they're essentially disposable, and FCP has said they'll do free replacements if they go bad. The salesman said they've been selling a ton of these kits on Audizine...?

Brav
April 19th, 2012, 22:20
wow. let us know! do they sell lowers?

..they do $95/pair

JSRS6
April 20th, 2012, 06:23
I bought this set, they are decent. Then when the inner bushings went bad, I just pressed them out and pressed in some meyle hd bushings.

kismetcapitan
April 20th, 2012, 07:09
nice, so the ball ends were still good? How many miles did you get out of them before the bushings were shot?

They were very cool over the phone, but didn't have much of a selection. It was either Meyle for a lot of $$, or their FCP brand for stupid low $.

Chung
April 20th, 2012, 17:38
Life time warranty too
"FCP Groton now offers a Lifetime Warranty on all of its products. Please visit FCP Lifetime Warranty (http://warranty.fcpgroton.com/) for more info. All of our parts meet and or exceed the rigorous standards set forth by the vehicle manufacturers. Looking for the equivalent OEM product or particular brand you don't see listed here? Email us for a quote (sales@fcpgroton.com). "

TozoM8
April 20th, 2012, 18:02
Meyle will last 6 months. TRW or Lemfoerder is the way to go. They are OEM suppliers. Control arm life time warranty covers it if it breaks. Brushing and ball joints are wear items.

Chung
April 20th, 2012, 18:34
I feel deja vu. Have I said this before and had someone point out the flaw in my plan? My memory sucks.

Brav
April 20th, 2012, 18:40
Tozo, sad to hear, as I replaced mine with Meyle and I have still worsening vibration problems. Which is the strongest to get of TRW or Lemf?

4everRS
April 20th, 2012, 18:54
I vote TRW.

SteveKen
April 20th, 2012, 19:17
If the outer joints are still good, I'd recommend replacing just the bushings.

Got OEMs from Carson at Classic Audi and I think they were cheaper than the FCP kit.

It helps if you have a press handy, too. :)

kismetcapitan
April 20th, 2012, 19:42
according to FCP, they will replace the arms if the bushings go bad. That being said, I sure wouldn't mind putting some seriously hard bushings into the arms. If pillowball bushings were available, I'd get those!

The outer joints are loose, so no joy, the arms must be replaced.