PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye M3!!

MontyRS
April 17th, 2012, 11:14
I just purchased a very clean 2003 RS6 which takes me back to Audi. I had a B6 S4 and a B7 RS4 (both black on black) for about 6 years and got the itch to go in a different direction. I found the M3 with 16K miles and thought it would be fun to try for a while...after 6 months, I catch myself dreaming about the RS4!!

In the spirit if trying something different Though (and also because I couldn't find an RS4 I would have purchased), I've decided that I would settle on something with a lot more torque. I knew that car was the RS6 as soon as i saw it posted on another forum (extremely clean with low miles and tasteful mods). The M3 is great if driven on the track, but extremely boring on the highway which is where most of my driving is.

Has anyone driven both the RS4 and RS6 as a daily driver? I know they are totally different, but looking for some feedback on specific differences since the car is still being shipped to me. Is it a dream on the highway?

The RS6 that I'm getting has a REVO Stage 2 Tune, MTM Diverters, Milltek Resonated Exhaust, Ohlins suspension and 2 years of Platinum Warranty.

I plan to clean up the seats a little (they're not bad but could use a freshening), and to go aftermarket stereo/sat nav.

Thoughts?

Ruergard
April 17th, 2012, 11:21
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Looking forward to pics. :thumb:

MontyRS
April 17th, 2012, 11:23
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Looking forward to pics. :thumb:

....as much as I am looking forward to seeing her! Will post when I can...

Erik
April 17th, 2012, 11:25
Hi and welcome to RS6.com. Enjoy!

MaxRS6
April 17th, 2012, 13:29
Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

melsas
April 17th, 2012, 15:16
Now that you have been officially welcomed, I hope you enjoy my car! I know I did!

LIRS6
April 17th, 2012, 21:57
Welcome and good luck. I noted that your car has Ohlins ... fyi I've had Stasis-Ohlins for about 6 yrs - a result of the issues many of us had with the DRC suspension. I've had to have my rears replaced (due clunking noises) and the fronts re-charged. I think I need to send the fronts out again, as some leaking is apparent. This, unfortunately, goes hand in hand with this suspension system. All-in-all, not the best solution to the DRC woes.

MontyRS
April 17th, 2012, 22:03
Now that you have been officially welcomed, I hope you enjoy my car! I know I did!

Melsas...too funny! Don't tell me you're back on the forums looking for another RS6!!

MontyRS
April 17th, 2012, 22:04
Welcome and good luck. I noted that your car has Ohlins ... fyi I've had Stasis-Ohlins for about 6 yrs - a result of the issues many of us had with the DRC suspension. I've had to have my rears replaced (due clunking noises) and the fronts re-charged. I think I need to send the fronts out again, as some leaking is apparent. This, unfortunately, goes hand in hand with this suspension system. All-in-all, not the best solution to the DRC woes.

Anyone else have similar situation?

lswing
April 17th, 2012, 22:15
Anyone else have similar situation?

I think everyone with an RS6:) The Koni Sports have been a great upgrade! Firm reliable ride, nice height, great price, amazing how simplicity beats out technology sometimes...

ben916
April 18th, 2012, 05:21

The DRC, as we all know, make this sound when they are finished.
The Ohlins have been know to make a similar sound, I couldn't hear it but Riccardo @ Raven MS can on his 6 Speed RS6

AndrewNC
April 18th, 2012, 08:04
My dad has an RS4 cab and previously a B6 S4 cab, so I can only compare between these, having driven them extensively. Compared to the RS4 cab, the RS6 does a little better on gas but that could also be related to the weight penalty of the cab (if you were trying to compare sedans). I would say the seats are comparable, of course the RS6 is wider and more spacious feeling inside. I feel more like I'm sitting down into the RS4 (sports car), in part due to the perceived higher beltline of the RS4, where as the RS6 has a more sedan like driving position feel to it. My RS6 is stock, but still the torque and low-end difference is night and day around town between the two. If you have to drive in any kind of traffic, you will be very happy with your choice. I've driven many different Audi tiptronics and 01E's over the years. I have found the RS6's ZF 5HP24A to be one of the best this side of their DSG's. I would have picked it over the 01E 6-spd in the B6 S4 for sure. The 6-spd in the B7 RS4 is quite an improvement over the B6, so I would say it's more driver preference compared to the RS6. Oddly enough I still find the 6-spd in the B5 S4 to be the most predictable and easiest to live with of the various 01E implementations if you are using it as a DD.