PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums. Here's some hello pics..............

SHIZZY46
April 17th, 2012, 02:42
Not my first Audi but my all time favor. I Picked up a 2 months ago, after years of looking and wanting one. 3 months of shopping for the perfect one for me. It has 100k miles and had "every single" service job done at Audi dealership, even car washes and waxes. Crazy Clean and runs like a new car. It was bone stock. I have done Awe tune, kw3 coilovers, oem bentley wheels, new exhaust tips, euro plate, tint, tail lights, navi/dvd headunit, apr dv, k&n filters and hid fogs. Now its time to enjoy it.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0096.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0097.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0094.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0098.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0101.jpg
the b5 s4 in this pic was my old car I sold to my friend, Full Stage 3+
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0036.jpg

BuffaloRS6
April 17th, 2012, 03:41
Nice ride. Those wheels look pretty decent actually. Any idea how much they weigh?

Brav
April 17th, 2012, 04:15
Nice. One pet peeve tho - I HATE when people drive with rear fog lights on.. when its not foggy. Dont pull your switch all the way out :)

JSRS6
April 17th, 2012, 09:25
Im sorry. This is a forum, free speech, yada yada. Not a fan of the wheels, bentley logos, exhaust tips, or AWE(GIAC distributor) tune.

Erik
April 17th, 2012, 10:24
Hi and welcome,

Sorry ....but not at all a fan of the Bentley wheels or the logos. ;)

MaxRS6
April 17th, 2012, 12:30
Welcome aboard the..

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

SHIZZY46
April 17th, 2012, 13:51
thanks for the comments.. good and the bad.

SHIZZY46
April 17th, 2012, 13:53
Nice. One pet peeve tho - I HATE when people drive with rear fog lights on.. when its not foggy. Dont pull your switch all the way out :)

it was rainning and some fog. but I still pull it all the way out with out rain and rog. It gives it a different look to me.

SHIZZY46
April 17th, 2012, 14:01
Im sorry. This is a forum, free speech, yada yada. Not a fan of the wheels, bentley logos, exhaust tips, or AWE(GIAC distributor) tune.

Thanks. No hard feelings. There is no car on any forums that everyone can agree on the mods.

Mr. Rictus
April 17th, 2012, 14:07
I saw the car this weeked at Show n Go, definitely looked very clean!

It's hard to believe it's got 100K on it.

Jimmy
April 17th, 2012, 14:19
It looks in super condition ! Mine at 97K is not as nice as shape. I love the color/finish of yours SHIZZY46.

Enjoy it. 8-)

Elevens
April 17th, 2012, 15:28
Welcome Shizzy. I like the Way you take the Criticism. We only say it because we care for each other and how we look. The car looks real good, you just have to loose the Bently Logo's (Its not a Bentley). And those Tailpipe Tips are a little miniscule, not for a big muscular V8. Other than those few minor Items the Car looks good for 100K. What size wheels are those by the Way(20,22's)?

mgoblue
April 17th, 2012, 16:26
The car looks real good, you just have to loose the Bently Logo's (Its not a Bentley).

absolutely - I can see leaving the caps on the wheels (I guess) but adding the other logos; I don't get it.

SHIZZY46
April 17th, 2012, 17:21
Welcome Shizzy. I like the Way you take the Criticism. We only say it because we care for each other and how we look. The car looks real good, you just have to loose the Bently Logo's (Its not a Bentley). And those Tailpipe Tips are a little miniscule, not for a big muscular V8. Other than those few minor Items the Car looks good for 100K. What size wheels are those by the Way(20,22's)?

20" x 9"
5x112 bolt pattern
ET. 41mm
57.1mm hub
2-piece FORGED

I have apr exhaust, just got to get installed. Logos will stay until I change the wheels. Which may never happend. If I wanted it to be like everyone else car I would have done some HRE or BBS wheels or just kept it stock. I need to be different with my cars.

4everRS
April 17th, 2012, 17:23
This tread is blowing my mind. We have an RS with exterior mods I have never seen much less thought would ever happen, AND 3 new member with their first posts within 15 comments.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/cd5eb20b.jpg

Chung
April 17th, 2012, 17:37
Agreed, everyone is being civil with different opinions on the internet. Plus no one has asked him to update his location. This is crazy talk and you all are freaking me out.

Either way, welcome.

Brav
April 17th, 2012, 17:39
it was rainning and some fog. but I still pull it all the way out with out rain and rog. It gives it a different look to me.

its not so bad on the RS6. other euro cars have one BRIGHT light on one side and many idiots in the states drive with them on unknowingly.. looks like a stuck brake light on one side.

kday
April 17th, 2012, 17:44
Rear fogs can be really annoying to people behind you at night. During the day you'll just look like someone who doesn't know how to operate their switchgear :)

Those wheels definitely make a statement. I think they'd be great with Audi center caps.

SHIZZY46
April 17th, 2012, 18:14
Thanks everyone who welcome me to the forums good and the bad. I happy start my first thread and have a few pages in less than 12 hours time.

Amulet-S6
April 17th, 2012, 18:17
As Max so aptly stated, "Welcome aboard the crazy train!"
9 years old with 112k miles and still the most enjoyable car I've owned.

Keep Smiling, Jim
Avus/Black

SHIZZY46
April 17th, 2012, 18:24
Those wheels definitely make a statement. I think they'd be great with Audi center caps.[/QUOTE]

The center caps is 3 piece caps and it will take some major work to customzie them the right way with audi logo. You could just put a decal over it but why spend this kind of money on wheels to hide the fact that they came of 200k Continental GT Mulliner Edition car. Thats the point of it to me.

speedtrapped
April 17th, 2012, 18:31
nice example, but if you want a bentley, buy a bentley...it reminds of guys who buy NA cars with no power adders, and add air scoops, or worse adhesive stuck faux side vents.

ThrillHouse
April 17th, 2012, 19:37
Pics of head unit?

SHIZZY46
April 17th, 2012, 20:22
nice example, but if you want a bentley, buy a bentley...it reminds of guys who buy NA cars with no power adders, and add air scoops, or worse adhesive stuck faux side vents.

I will after I put my kids thought school and payoff my house. You just compared me to a guy who puts air scoops on a car with no power. LOL thats very funny bro. Thanks anyway. By the way you have some nice toys!!

LIRS6
April 17th, 2012, 20:25
Ref the rear fogs, I tend to use them at times when d*ickheads decide they need to ride up my arse - they initially think I'm braking when I flip them on, and so they slow down - it always brings me a good chuckle. I'm with some others ref the Bentley rims & badges, but then I'm a badge-less guy - I prefer the stealth look to the attention-getting look...as the ancient Greeks would say, Mḕ moû toùs kúklous táratte. Hey - welcome, and enjoy your ride. I'm right with Amulet-S6 ... 8.5 yrs and 112k miles of pure pleasure .. well, apart from the dreaded DRC and a couple of other minor issues. Have fun.

lswing
April 17th, 2012, 20:50
Welcome to the board! Mixed bag of comments from me...really nice clean car, great to see you taking care of it. The tailpipes should really be stock, and just seems too low, more of the cruiser style and not the performance car that it is. Please remove the stickers and find a Honda civic to put them on:) Nice and clean though, hope the ride treats you good! I think the wheels do work, wider rubber would look good, might rub I bet.

Now the rear fog lights, I've almost pulled an LIRS6 move and switched them on when some ass hat is on my rear to simulate braking. Trust me, if the traffic would let me go faster I would:)

Cheers!

SHIZZY46
April 17th, 2012, 22:40
Pics of head unit?

pioneer avic-z140bh
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0102.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0104.jpg

lswing
April 17th, 2012, 22:44
Nice! Bust out the popcorn, that's one serious screen...clean install.

NSU RS6
April 17th, 2012, 23:18
Nice ride. I like every mod except for the flying B stickers on the fenders - the B on the wheel could be a brand of wheel as far as I am concerned. I kind of like those wheels. Certainly the quality is there. But good luck running 20's at that ride height and keeping healthy tires. Keep us posted on how that works for ya.

This car will not have a problem drawing looks. Like it, love it, or hate it.......

SHIZZY46
April 18th, 2012, 00:53
OK OK after an hour of just looking at the car. I asked the Mrs her opinion, she said she like it without the logo's so I give up. Also I didnt like the tips so I moded them too until I install apr exhaust in the next few weeks. I will not touch the wheels. They cost tooo much money..
Here you go.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0109.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0108.jpg

speedtrapped
April 18th, 2012, 01:03
Shizzy46, seriously u scored a beautiful example! See wives always win..... I have been almost 4 weeks now w/o my beast, aside from the room(the V makes up for that) I don't miss the power, the beetle on steroids serves me well! Glad u are proud of her, I would be too.

April 18th, 2012, 01:38
Enjoy the ride! Love the color! Love the dubs, not a fan of the Bentlley logo, but welcome aboard the 5150!!!

Just black out the interior of the tips and it will look killer.

BuffaloRS6
April 18th, 2012, 05:15

AGREED! I saw 2 Mercedes, a C5 Audi A6 & a few BMW's within the last week that had their rear fogs on in nice weather. Annoying.

JSRS6
April 18th, 2012, 06:06
Haha, i do the same thing when some jackwagon is tailing me, especially with the family in tow.

Ref the rear fogs, I tend to use them at times when d*ickheads decide they need to ride up my arse - they initially think I'm braking when I flip them on, and so they slow down - it always brings me a good chuckle. I'm with some others ref the Bentley rims & badges, but then I'm a badge-less guy - I prefer the stealth look to the attention-getting look...as the ancient Greeks would say, Mḕ moû toùs kúklous táratte. Hey - welcome, and enjoy your ride. I'm right with Amulet-S6 ... 8.5 yrs and 112k miles of pure pleasure .. well, apart from the dreaded DRC and a couple of other minor issues. Have fun.

JSRS6
April 18th, 2012, 06:09
Enjoy the ride! Love the color! Love the dubs, not a fan of the Bentlley logo, but welcome aboard the 5150!!!

Just black out the interior of the tips and it will look killer.

Lol, he did...

streetsoffire
April 19th, 2012, 15:07
SHIZZY46: beautiful color, and the wheels and the tint suit it well. Any info on the HID fog lights? I thought this could not be done?

SHIZZY46
April 19th, 2012, 15:36
SHIZZY46: beautiful color, and the wheels and the tint suit it well. Any info on the HID fog lights? I thought this could not be done?

Not sure how they did it. Its the same shop that did my head unit. They are one of the best shops in Philly, real clean work.

SHIZZY46
April 19th, 2012, 15:40
only pic I have for now
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0074.jpg

lswing
April 19th, 2012, 16:18
The fogs don't look HID, shouldn't they be white/blue? Nice cruising pic, looks like a good gathering of Audi's!

Bigglezworth
April 19th, 2012, 17:26
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/shizzy1985/2003%20rs6/DSC_0101.jpg

Yikes! Another new set of photos that can be added to others circulating the net on what NOT to do. I seriously don't understand the mindset of people that feel it's appropriate to misbadge a car. If you want that badge so much as a status symbol, then cough up the coin and buy that car. Otherwise, be happy with what you own. An RS6 is NO slouch and it's not uncommon for some to want the status so much that they improperly badgd their A6/S6's with the RS logo. Bently though? OMFG.

Some other fine examples of WTF...:lovl:

SHIZZY46
April 19th, 2012, 17:46
Yikes! Another new set of photos that can be added to others circulating the net on what NOT to do. I seriously don't understand the mindset of people that feel it's appropriate to misbadge a car. If you want that badge so much as a status symbol, then cough up the coin and buy that car. Otherwise, be happy with what you own. An RS6 is NO slouch and it's not uncommon for some to want the status so much that they improperly badgd their A6/S6's with the RS logo. Bently though? OMFG.

Some other fine examples of WTF...:lovl:

Come on........ You wont just move on. I already removed it and those cars in these pics are a joke compared to my car with the logos. By the way Infiniti dont make BMW and so on. At lease Audi/Vw makes Bentley's.

streetsoffire
April 19th, 2012, 18:57
OK, guys. SHIZZY got rid of the flying B decals, and the car looks much cleaner for it.........and those are, hands down, one of the most beautiful sets of wheels ever produced; bar none.

SHIZZY: If you find out what HIDs your guy used for the fogs, would you please PM me.

lswing
April 19th, 2012, 18:57
I'm sure he'll move on after that post, got to get that stuff out....my personal favorite is the Civic STI....good on ya for not getting pissed about others busting your balls....it would be great if the rubber was wheel width, for some reason it just looks like you didn't have the cash to put the right tires on, but I know some like that look, performance wise dunno, don't curb those suckers:)

SHIZZY46
April 19th, 2012, 19:52
I'm sure he'll move on after that post, got to get that stuff out....my personal favorite is the Civic STI....good on ya for not getting pissed about others busting your balls....it would be great if the rubber was wheel width, for some reason it just looks like you didn't have the cash to put the right tires on, but I know some like that look, performance wise dunno, don't curb those suckers:)

I do have the cash to put the right tires on?? NOW thats the biggest joke of them all. The offset of the wheels would not allow me to put to put wider tires. I had 255x30's on them first and had 10mm spacers and rubbed suspension arms in the front like crazy. I had to put 245's and 10mm spacers ft. & 12.5mm rears to fit right. You dont know what I have or what I can buy. Trust me, I spend tire money on Starbucks in a week....

4everRS
April 19th, 2012, 20:35
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Shouldn't go around posting pics of a car that you've customized and NOT anticipate feedback you didn't expect.

Btw, those lights in the pic arent hid. Doesn't matter what the shop told you. Elevens did an hid conversion.

SHIZZY46
April 19th, 2012, 21:05
it just hid bulbs. I am ok with feedback. But you cant make statements of what a person has and dont have. Its just a car lowered with wheels, not much to hate or love.

Elevens
April 19th, 2012, 22:51
Hey Guy's give Shizzy a Break. He's been Bentelied to death. And Yea I did do an HID fog Conversion about 2 Years ago. I should have done a write up, but I didn't and can't quite remember the Exact details of the Project. All I remember is that it did require extensive modification of the Fog light housing and the use of some PVC pipe and and weather proof adhesive. The next time I remove them I will post pictures of the entire setup. Right now I am looking into doing a 35W or 55W HID high beam setup to replace those H7 high beam Halogens. Some of those blokes over there in GB have done it with remarkable results literally turning night into day. Flashing may be an issue, but they do respond instantly. Its just that they don't reach maximum intensity immediately. I will post results as I progress.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/Coilover%20Install/P1010056.jpg

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/Coilover%20Install/P1010060.jpg

NSU RS6
April 19th, 2012, 23:09
Hey Guy's give Shizzy a Break. He's been Bentelied to death.

Definitely guys. I wouldn't do what Shizzy has done - but maybe its because I dont have the balls nor the money. That is a nice RS6, its his, and I appreciate that he has shown us where he has taken it. Plus, anyone that has made a mod to their car, posted it publically, gotten berated for it, consulted the wife, then removed the mod on her preference has to be a good guy in my book!

And Yea I did do an HID fog Conversion about 2 Years ago. I should have done a write up, but I didn't and can't quite remember the Exact details of the Project. All I remember is that it did require extensive modification of the Fog light housing and the use of some PVC pipe and and weather proof adhesive. The next time I remove them I will post pictures of the entire setup. Right now I am looking into doing a 35W or 55W HID high beam setup to replace those H7 high beam Halogens. Some of those blokes over there in GB have done it with remarkable results literally turning night into day. Flashing may be an issue, but they do respond instantly. Its just that they don't reach maximum intensity immediately. I will post results as I progress.

This would be great. I have had my car three months. I have turned on the fogs once. What a disappointment. Might as well be candles in there.

4everRS
April 20th, 2012, 01:40
Elevens, I've been trolling over there too and saw the positive feedback from those across the pond. When I have a high beam burn out, it'll be hard not to go that route.

Shizzy, its your car and you can do whatever you want to it. It's a free country. Hell, I just ordered myself a cupra lip spoiler. I've even been contemplating painting my calipers red! I'm trying to tell the voices in my head it's wrong.

streetsoffire
April 20th, 2012, 02:45
.......thoughts on changing out the RS6 fog lights for some eBay fogs that will accommodate HIDs? My S6 is too low and on giant three pc wheels....... I wanna cast as much light on the road as possible.......

Aronis
April 20th, 2012, 02:52
Nice car...

I agree on the extra logos LOL..

Who installed the stereo? How much??

Mike

vitalian
April 20th, 2012, 20:33
I realize I'm a little late to the party here, but I can't help but make an observation about this thread as a fellow RS6-er who happens to lack a Y chromosome:

You're going to get a much stronger reaction around here if you tell a guy his car is ugly than if you tell him his wife/girlfriend is ugly.

Just sayin'.:)

Bigglezworth
April 20th, 2012, 22:20
Guess it could have been worse..... At least it hasn't been 'Donked'.... >ack<

vitalian
April 20th, 2012, 22:35
^^Now THAT is so ugly I feel like my eyes are bleeding! AAAAAHHHHGGHH!!!

streetsoffire
April 28th, 2012, 14:46
Would someone please tell me what bulb type is used for the RS6 front fog lights? Is it H3?

Amar
April 29th, 2012, 20:51
The car looks great, you have clearly put a lot of time into it and I like it, can you explain your numberplate?

Justin9212
April 30th, 2012, 03:21
To each his own, but I hate those wheels, bentley stickers, and tails. But thumbs up on not staying stock, I'm all for people personalizing their car.