PDA

View Full Version : just picked up form Forgestar F14 19*10 et 30...looks like I need a 5mm spacer

bakes
April 15th, 2012, 17:22
Frustrated as I was hoping the 30 offset would work but after a test fit I think there's a slight rub (from a quick roll up and down the street I could hear the rub)

Tires are 275/30/19 so that may contribute. Once I get some spacers I'll be sure to post pictures.

Hopefully the 5mm spacer doesn't push the wheels out too far as they are quite flush from the test fit already.

NSU RS6
April 15th, 2012, 18:10
Frustrated as I was hoping the 30 offset would work but after a test fit I think there's a slight rub (from a quick roll up and down the street I could hear the rub)

Tires are 275/30/19 so that may contribute. Once I get some spacers I'll be sure to post pictures.

Hopefully the 5mm spacer doesn't push the wheels out too far as they are quite flush from the test fit already.

I am running a 25 offset (33 with 8m adapters) and it is absolutely perfect. This is with 19x9 255/35 so that probably helps. Tires are plumb-bob flush with the fenders.

275/30 at 25 will look downright tough.

4everRS
April 15th, 2012, 18:50
5 mm will do it. I run 25 offset and it's perfect IMO.

Your setup will look great. Several others on this board have done 275 width and it looks great.

bakes
April 16th, 2012, 00:22
5 mm will do it. I run 25 offset and it's perfect IMO.

Your setup will look great. Several others on this board have done 275 width and it looks great.

Do you think longer lugs are necessary for a 5mm spacer? It's only 1/2 a cm after all??

4everRS
April 16th, 2012, 01:33
Do you think longer lugs are necessary for a 5mm spacer? It's only 1/2 a cm after all??

I would first check if there is any thickness difference at the lug between stock and these new ones. If it is in fact the same, you are probably fine without, but test fit first.

Also, check the new wheels to see if they use the same 'ball' style lug head. You may need new lugs anyway.

yokust
April 16th, 2012, 01:44
5mm on our cars will always need spacers

our rotors are thicker, then most other cars, but still use same lugs.

So ad a few mm's of rotor thickness and add 5mm of spacer, i am almost 100% lug will not touch thread, or maybe screw in one thread

Elevens
April 16th, 2012, 02:12

If your asking this Question, it means you have doubt. Its an absolute must in my opinion, if you value your safety. A 5mm spacer requires a 5mm longer lug, period. Maybe you could get away with it, I wouldn't take the chance. I have 5mm spacers on mine and 5mm longer lugs to go along with them. I ordered them with the spacers. This should be a no Brainer...........

bakes
April 16th, 2012, 04:31
5mm on our cars will always need spacers

our rotors are thicker, then most other cars, but still use same lugs.

So ad a few mm's of rotor thickness and add 5mm of spacer, i am almost 100% lug will not touch thread, or maybe screw in one thread

I don't really understand what you are talking about. I'm asking because the thickness of the spacer reduces the amount of threads on the lugs being used. As elevate has said I'll be ordering new longer lugs with the spacers.

bakes
April 16th, 2012, 04:32
If your asking this Question, it means you have doubt. Its an absolute must in my opinion, if you value your safety. A 5mm spacer requires a 5mm longer lug, period. Maybe you could get away with it, I wouldn't take the chance. I have 5mm spacers on mine and 5mm longer lugs to go along with them. I ordered them with the spacers. This should be a no Brainer...........

Who'd you order your spacers from??

Elevens
April 16th, 2012, 04:52
Who'd you order your spacers from??

I got Spacers and Lugs from ECSTUNING a couple of years ago. Also remember to get the correct shape Lug for your wheel as mentioned by 4everRS above, It may either be Ball or Conical. Just check your wheel. Glad you decided to do it the Right Way............................

bakes
April 16th, 2012, 05:17
They'll need to be conical not ball like ours are. I'm just not certain how I determine length of the lug to order?

bakes
April 16th, 2012, 13:32
One other quewstion for those running spacers. The forgestar rims appear to have an inner hub of 74.1. I know this because they came with a ring that reduces that to 57.1 for our cars. Now, if I get spacers made do I need to see if custom spacers can be made that go from an inner hub of 57.1 to an outter wheel hub of 74.1 so I can get ride of this second centric ring? Will I have a bigger chance of vibration if I can only get a 57.1 wheelcentric spacer to run with this other hub ring?

marklar182
April 16th, 2012, 14:45
They'll need to be conical not ball like ours are. I'm just not certain how I determine length of the lug to order?

Stock is 27mm length so whatever size spacer you get add that to the stock lug length and then you will have the correct new lug length.

27mm + Spacer Thickness = New Lug Length

27mm + 5mm Spacer = 32mm Lug

marklar182
April 16th, 2012, 15:09
Also take into consideration most spacers are 135mm diameter, but RS6 rotors have a 150mm face.

I suggest spacers that have a 150mm diameter to make sure you don't end up with a vibration issue.

Brav
April 16th, 2012, 18:07
One other quewstion for those running spacers. The forgestar rims appear to have an inner hub of 74.1. I know this because they came with a ring that reduces that to 57.1 for our cars. Now, if I get spacers made do I need to see if custom spacers can be made that go from an inner hub of 57.1 to an outter wheel hub of 74.1 so I can get ride of this second centric ring? Will I have a bigger chance of vibration if I can only get a 57.1 wheelcentric spacer to run with this other hub ring?

Custom spaces are your best bet, but as far as I know in order to get enough space to do incorporate the hub-centric ring onto it, I am told you need to have at least an 8mm spacer.

bakes
April 16th, 2012, 20:19
Custom spaces are your best bet, but as far as I know in order to get enough space to do incorporate the hub-centric ring onto it, I am told you need to have at least an 8mm spacer.

You are correct. The business up near me who I've been told to use to get spacers said they can't make wheel hubcentric ring's on a 5mm spacer as it's so thin. They can do it on thicker spacers but not the 5mm. I'll try it without ring and see the results. If they vibrate too much I'll have to get some custom ones made. If the deal on these rims had't been so good I wouldn't have picked them up and waited for ones with a better offset.

Tom Sawyer
April 16th, 2012, 21:44
Best of luck with this, I hope you're able to get it worked out...these wheels are sweet. I've been drooling over the CF10's though I'm doubting I'll be able to swing it before my tires cry mercy. These seem like a lot of wheel (forged, lightweight/strong and excellent custom fit/finish) for the money. If by some chance I am able to, I'm thinking that 19x9.5 @ et29 to mimic the RS 4 wheels (will stick with 255 35 19 tires) will be what I'll shoot for.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of these on your RS!

kismetcapitan
April 16th, 2012, 22:47
IIRC, the ball type for stock wheels is "R13"? I'm guessing these aftermarket wheels are conical?

I didn't screw around with the lugs when I bought 10mm spacers. Exact length, two piece, I forget the brand off the top of my head but they were pricey.

I have black lugs sitting around, never used, good for spacers but one piece, if anyone's interested. I'm sure those would have been fine but I decided to go with two-piece lugs.

kismetcapitan
April 16th, 2012, 23:33
IIRC, the ball type for stock wheels is "R13"? I'm guessing these aftermarket wheels are conical?

I didn't screw around with the lugs when I bought 10mm spacers. Exact length, two piece, I forget the brand off the top of my head but they were pricey.

I have black lugs sitting around, never used, good for spacers but one piece, if anyone's interested. I'm sure those would have been fine but I decided to go with two-piece lugs.